No announcement yet.

JowiHue Beta 2.0.4.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure one device is missing for the remote.... Can you check on the properties of the root device of the remote, JowiHue tab if you see anything like a JSON info?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      For sure one device is missing for the remote.... Can you check on the properties of the root device of the remote, JowiHue tab if you see anything like a JSON info?

The JSON info

ZHASwitch

**************************** Object info *****************************
      {
      "state": {
      "lastupdated": "none"
      },
      "config": {
      "on": true,
      "alert": "none",
      "battery": 74,
      "reachable": true
      },
      "name": "TRADFRI open/close remote ",
      "type": "ZHASwitch",
      "modelid": "TRADFRI open/close remote",
      "manufacturername": "IKEA of Sweden",
      "swversion": "2.2.008",
      "uniqueid": "00:0d:6f:ff:fe:d0:9b:30-01-1000",
      "ep": 1,
      "etag": "fcb71d42840a13abfba82f6836ca0b88",
      "mode": 1
      }
      ************************* End Object info ***************************

thanks

Comment

Oh boy.... An open/Close remote, given a type of ZHASwitch.... that is not going to work.... I now realise it. Will take this to the github, seems a lot of confusion is going on here
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I don't understand the issue but surely you're right
          Just in case I paired the command with deCONZ using the phoscon app in "Switch" mode. Should use "light" or "sensor"?

Comment

It should not really matter. Also using the plugins configuration age, scan for devices does the same. Probably with the same result - the plugin does not exect a on/off sensor as switch, And I think it should be different, ut let the developers decide. Itmight take a while.
            -- Wim

Comment

My HS3 Linux box has two network cards in it. With both networks active I can not scan for bridges, it never finds any of them. I need to disable to interface/network that does not have the bridges.

Is it possible to specify which network should be scanned? Secondly when might it be possible to specify a static address instead of a scan?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

I am not at home right now, but you can specify an IP address for the bridge in the JowiHue.ini file (wich has to be created). the plugin will read this and try to access the bridge then to initialise it. But am unsure if it will find it if you are on two networks on the same machine. Never tested it so far - doubt if UPNP will work for that configuration.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                  I don't understand the issue but surely you're right
                  Just in case I paired the command with deCONZ using the phoscon app in "Switch" mode. Should use "light" or "sensor"?
                  nunoary What is your current version of deCONZ? As 2.05.67 is holding a few specific changes regarding the IKEA blinds and remotes....

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Can you give me some details on how to build this file?

I am not at home right now, but you can specify an IP address for the bridge in the JowiHue.ini file (wich has to be created). the plugin will read this and try to access the bridge then to initialise it. But am unsure if it will find it if you are on two networks on the same machine. Never tested it so far - doubt if UPNP will work for that configuration.

Wim

Comment

Please check the documentation for that, it is in there. Sorry forgot to mention that. Search for jowihue.ini
                      -- Wim

Comment

nunoary What is your current version of deCONZ? As 2.05.67 is holding a few specific changes regarding the IKEA blinds and remotes....

Wim

My current version of deCONZ is 2.05.67

Comment

Yeah, just learned the real update is not yet in 2.05.67 implemented. They are now rolling out the 2.05.69, which might hold the update.... if it does, you will see an attribute 'buttonevent' popup in the json of the remote (the missing device). If you see it, you will need to stop the plugin, delete devices of the remote and restart the plugin. It should then create the correct remote devices.
                          -- Wim

Comment

I did some research on how to manually add a bridge to the INI file:
                            Troubleshooting a bridge that cannot be found by the plugin

When a bridge is not found by the plugin, you should check a few things first:
                            • Can you ping the bridge from the HS3 machine?
                            • Make sure the bridge is not on a different subnet or VLAN from the HS3 server.
                            • Is the plugin allowed access through the windows firewall, if the plugin is installed on windows? Easiest way to check this is temporarily disabling the windows firewall and restarting the plugin. If the plugin starts working now, make sure to enable the HSPI_JowiHue.exe file for access through the firewall. Normally this is asked with a windows popup at the first start of the plugin.
                            • Is UNPNP allowed in your router? Most modern routers allow UPNP by default, but it is alway good to check.
                            • For deCONZ gateways it is known that performing a gateway reset can help out to make it visible to the plugin
                            • If all of the above are good, but the bridge is still not visible for the plugin then follow the next steps:

To do this you should let the plugin run and create an INI file in the <HS install directory>\config and name it JowiHue.ini. In this file add the following lines:
                            [Bridge] Ipaddress=<ip of bridge>

I even tried setting the INI file to 777 permissions

I added a the INI file {JowiHue.ini} to my ..\Homeseer\Config directory then I restarted the plugin and get the following.

Sep-06 8:09:29 PM JowiHue No bridges found
                            Sep-06 8:09:29 PM JowiHue Initialisation bridgedevices completed correctly
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM Starting Plug-In JowiHue loaded in 703 milliseconds
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin JowiHue started successfully in 235 milliseconds
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.1.0.0 on Linux
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin JowiHue ...
                            Sep-06 8:09:28 PM Info Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:44626
                            It never finds the bridge.

Thoughts?

Comment

I guess the plugin is routed to the 1st network and cannot reach the bridge through that path? I have no experience with a device on two networks?
                              -- Wim

Comment

Yeah, just learned the real update is not yet in 2.05.67 implemented. They are now rolling out the 2.05.69, which might hold the update.... if it does, you will see an attribute 'buttonevent' popup in the json of the remote (the missing device). If you see it, you will need to stop the plugin, delete devices of the remote and restart the plugin. It should then create the correct remote devices.
                                Ok, thanks again for the attention Wim. I will wait for the update and then follow the steps indicated by you. Nuno

Comment

Working...
                                X