Lost ColorPicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost ColorPicker

I unchecked the Config option to Use color picker but now I want to use it again. When I check the option in Config I still don't get the color picker for Hue enabled devices.

Even tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin.

How can I get the color picker back?

Thanks,
    Ken

Ken,

You should also rbuild the device values for lights. You can do this on the configuration page of the plugin, in the Miscellaneous options tab. This will then recreate the color picker. Be aware that this colorpicker does not show the correct color when the light changes to another color... but the result when you set the color are correct.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim but unfortunately rebuilding the device values didn't bring back the color pickers.

Comment

Progress. While "Rebuild Light Values" under Configuration->Miscellaneous didn't do it, going to the JowiHue Tab on each lamp and clicking on "Rebuild Device Values" got the color picker back for the individual lamps. Unfortunately, that tab doesn't exist for group devices so still can't get the group color pickers back.

Comment

You got me there! Never implemented the recreation of pairs for groups, It slipped my mind....
          Why the general rebuild values does not work for recovering the color picker is not yet clear for me here, but I will find out on that.
          The next beta will also rebuild the group device values when you press the rebuild light values on the configuration page. Also it will enable the button on group devices from then on. Both are solved here for testing, will publish it soon

The challenge ofcourse is that this will be available in the next beta (2.0.4.2 and higher).Check the thread for the beta if you want to reach for it early, or If you do not like to join the beta yet, wait for the official version?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

Thanks Wim. Joined the beta. My Philips Hue setup is very small at this point so I don't have a lot to lose if something goes wrong.

Thanks again,
            Ken

Comment

Will try to publish the new version somewhere this weekend The initial conversion went well for you?
              -- Wim

Comment

Ken,

The new beta 2.0.4.2 has been released. I solved the cause behind your issue of not dynamically enabling the colorpicker, and also enabled rebuiling device values for the group devices.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Tested and confirmed working with 2.0.4.2 beta. Thanks!

Is there any way to fix the wonky behavior of the color picker? I understand it has to do with RGB vs. HSL (or is it HSV?) but can you make it an option to do a conversion from what the bulb returns to what the color picker wants and visa-versa? I know this has long been an issue in the theatre industry but there's been some pretty creative ways of solving this while minimizing the data loss between the conversions.

Thank you Wim for all of your hard work on this plugin!

Ken

Comment

Ken,

I do not know of a way here. the challenge here is that the colorpicker's color is set by HS. But it reads the value of the device it is placed on, which is holding the Hue value for the plugin and not a RGB value. I tried to have a possibility HS would ask the plugin for the correct (RGB) value, but so far there was no interest in doing that.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Ah, OK. Now I understand what's going on. So I can use the color picker to set a hue value but it's the device value returned from the lamp that I'm interested in which is showing in the color picker in hex but being treated as an RGB value.

Comment

Working...
                      X