Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hue Dimmer Switch -- working proper with Deconz? Use as general remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Dimmer Switch -- working proper with Deconz? Use as general remote?

I'm considering getting a few Hue Dimmer Switch if they can work as 'general' remotes with JowiHue. Meaning, if they simply show up as devices in Homeseer that I can tie actions to non-hue devices and/or events. Thx for the info / experiences!

I have several that I use. I have mine joined to Hue hubs, I have not tried joining them direct to deCONZ. They show up basically as a scene switch in Homeseer, and events can be tied to non-hue devices when the switch value changes.

--Barry

Comment

Barry, thanks but I need to know about connecting directly to Deconz.

Comment

It's the same, you get a device like this:
        313 Off.. JowiHue JowiHue Dimmer Switch Yesterday
        08:07:12
        :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lyngtoft View Post
          It's the same, you get a device like this:
          313 Off.. JowiHue JowiHue Dimmer Switch Yesterday
          08:07:12
          :-)
          Thx. Those switches look like they have 4 buttons, are they seen as 4 buttons or a single button with 4 values?

Comment

Ltek,

It is a switch with 16 possible values, depending if you hold a button, release it or only press shortly.
            Based on these values you can activate different actions, but at the end it is only one switch. They behave the same wether you have a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway.
            using it here as a dimmerswitch, controlling lights to dim up or down - the on off buttons are here use to change color temperatures...

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Ltek,

It is a switch with 16 possible values, depending if you hold a button, release it or only press shortly.
              Based on these values you can activate different actions, but at the end it is only one switch. They behave the same wether you have a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway.
              using it here as a dimmerswitch, controlling lights to dim up or down - the on off buttons are here use to change color temperatures...

Wim
              Hi Wim,

Can we get what the 16 possible values are? I'd like to configure some events to trigger only when a specific button on a specific remote is used.

Thanks,
              Ken
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yuch had planned to post the values page here.... forgot that. here it is!

Attached Files
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ltek,

Wim
                  I just added the Philips hue dimmer switch to my deConz JowiHue setup in HS3. Is there a way to associate the device with a light other than creating an event to do so? If it is only with an event capturing a button press, hold, or release, I would be interested in some examples. I have created the obvious events for ON and OFF, but I would especially be interested in examples using DIM UP, DIM UP Holding, DIM DOWN, and DIM DOWN Holding. Thanks.
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Long time ago I have been actually using the dimmer actively. I had a set of events in HS3 created then like these:

Dim Up/Down is simple an event using a trigger "If dimmer is set to Dim Up/Down" Mark the SET, that is different from changed!

As for holding (continuous Dim Up/Down) I had a set of three events per Up or Down:
                    • Event 1 triggers on "If dimmer is changed to Dim Up/Down holding" and has an action "Enable Event 2"
                    • Event 2 is a recurring event that triggers every 5 seconds (or whatever timing you like) and actions Dim up or down
                    • Event 3 triggers on "If dimmer changed to Dim Up/Down released and has an action "Disable event 2"

The on/off buttons have the same possibilities for holding and released

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Long time ago I have been actually using the dimmer actively. I had a set of events in HS3 created then like these:

Dim Up/Down is simple an event using a trigger "If dimmer is set to Dim Up/Down" Mark the SET, that is different from changed!

As for holding (continuous Dim Up/Down) I had a set of three events per Up or Down:
                      • Event 1 triggers on "If dimmer is changed to Dim Up/Down holding" and has an action "Enable Event 2"
                      • Event 2 is a recurring event that triggers every 5 seconds (or whatever timing you like) and actions Dim up or down
                      • Event 3 triggers on "If dimmer changed to Dim Up/Down released and has an action "Disable event 2"

The on/off buttons have the same possibilities for holding and released

Wim
                      Wim:
                      Thank you. This is very helpful, especially the holding event. By the way the fifth try with my 2-gang paddle was a charm. It's working fine now. Lights are still there and ignored by me, but the paddle works as it is supposed to.
                      Elliott
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Wim;
                        Recently installed the 4 button Hue remote through the Hue hub and have been unable to get all 16 conditions to show, just 4 (4000, 4001, 4002, 4003)
                        deleted and re-installed the remote twice and turned your plugin off and deleted the Homeseer control device, turn the plugin back on waited 3 hrs and no difference.
                        Below images of the last action results:
                        Regards,
                        Willem

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-13_16-03-45.png
Views:	421
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1447552Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-13_15-44-56.png
Views:	430
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	1447550
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yuch had planned to post the values page here.... forgot that. here it is!

What is meant by the ones with ".." after them, such as "On.." and "Off.."?

Comment

WFBAKKER , Willem
                            The image with the json is having a low resolution, so I cannot read the JSON, could you just copy the text only maybe and post it? Is this on a Philips bridge? It looks like it, but I cannot determine it well, also because of the resolution? It could indeed differ when you use a dimmer switch on the Philips Hue bridge compared to deCONZ. But for the details I need to zoom in on the JSON here.

Richel , Elliot

the dots are from the old ages.... In fact the "on" without the dots is the initial on, that is send immeidiatle when you press the button. Subsequently either a short or holding signal is send depending if you immediately release the button or hold it. So the "On..." status should read "On Short" really. Did not know when I implemented the switch a few years ago and never looked back on this
                            Will update this in the xml file for the next release.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

WFBAKKER , Willem
                              The image with the json is having a low resolution, so I cannot read the JSON, could you just copy the text only maybe and post it? Is this on a Philips bridge? It looks like it, but I cannot determine it well, also because of the resolution? It could indeed differ when you use a dimmer switch on the Philips Hue bridge compared to deCONZ. But for the details I need to zoom in on the JSON here.

Richel , Elliot

the dots are from the old ages.... In fact the "on" without the dots is the initial on, that is send immeidiatle when you press the button. Subsequently either a short or holding signal is send depending if you immediately release the button or hold it. So the "On..." status should read "On Short" really. Did not know when I implemented the switch a few years ago and never looked back on this
                              Will update this in the xml file for the next release.

Wim
                              Thanks. So far, I like the Philips Hue dimming switch better than anything by Xiaomi. Also, I read that the Philips is releasing an updated version of this switch.
                              https://www.reviewgeek.com/67565/phi...h-smart-bulbs/
                              You have to scroll to the bottom of that page to see the piece on the switch.
                              Elliott

Comment

Working...
                              X