Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hue Dimmer Switch -- working proper with Deconz? Use as general remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Yuch had planned to post the values page here.... forgot that. here it is!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Ltek,

It is a switch with 16 possible values, depending if you hold a button, release it or only press shortly.
    Based on these values you can activate different actions, but at the end it is only one switch. They behave the same wether you have a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway.
    using it here as a dimmerswitch, controlling lights to dim up or down - the on off buttons are here use to change color temperatures...

Wim
    Hi Wim,

Can we get what the 16 possible values are? I'd like to configure some events to trigger only when a specific button on a specific remote is used.

Thanks,
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Ltek,

It is a switch with 16 possible values, depending if you hold a button, release it or only press shortly.
    Based on these values you can activate different actions, but at the end it is only one switch. They behave the same wether you have a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway.
    using it here as a dimmerswitch, controlling lights to dim up or down - the on off buttons are here use to change color temperatures...

Wim

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyngtoft View Post
    It's the same, you get a device like this:
    313 Off.. JowiHue JowiHue Dimmer Switch Yesterday
    08:07:12
    :-)
    Thx. Those switches look like they have 4 buttons, are they seen as 4 buttons or a single button with 4 values?

Leave a comment:

• Lyngtoft
    replied
    It's the same, you get a device like this:
    313 Off.. JowiHue JowiHue Dimmer Switch Yesterday
    08:07:12
    :-)

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Barry, thanks but I need to know about connecting directly to Deconz.

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    I have several that I use. I have mine joined to Hue hubs, I have not tried joining them direct to deCONZ. They show up basically as a scene switch in Homeseer, and events can be tied to non-hue devices when the switch value changes.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• Hue Dimmer Switch -- working proper with Deconz? Use as general remote?

I'm considering getting a few Hue Dimmer Switch if they can work as 'general' remotes with JowiHue. Meaning, if they simply show up as devices in Homeseer that I can tie actions to non-hue devices and/or events. Thx for the info / experiences!
Working...
X