X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lurendrejer
    replied
    Hi

It would seem that the problem was in the JowiHue plugin - since native devices doesn't send commands twice, when using linked devices.

BUT!!

I testet at bit further - when linking the Virtual device, to a jowihue device; no double commands are sent.

The conclusion? I don't know.....
    When linking z-wave devices to virtual devices: Working
    When linking virtual devices to Jowihue: Working
    When linking z-wave devices to Jowihue: Working - BUT sends the commands twice.

Not a great day for structured bughunting

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Then the conclusion would be that the linked structure is doubling the set action, as the plugin receives a command from HS3 and executes it, internally it is not a double logging (what I was expecting first). And the routine running this logging is only directly called by HS3....
    Not really an issue as the command is executed and the end result stays the same?

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    replied
    Holding the button doesn't resend - these commands comes from a completely different channel, and only sends "Held" and "Released".
    To have repeating commands on a z-wave network would be murder

The Kontor node 24 Kontor4 is a multilevel subdevice for the scene device that would send the held/released commands.

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    replied
    Great idea, thank you!

The event is made like so:

IF Kontor5 (Virtual button) is set to ON
    Then
    Do nothing (i chose run group actions - which are empty)

The result is attached, it doesn't run twice. Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-07-30 18_48_02-Log – Google Chrome.png Views:	0 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	1318549

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    You could try to hold and press the same zwave button for on..... for several seconds. Does the virtual device update its time? If it does, holding the button a bit can trigger a linked device multiple times as well.

Also you could create an event to force the log line
    Just create an event like

IF Virtual device had its value SET to on
    THEN
    Run (scriptcomand) execute the command &hs.writelog("test virtual", "On command received")

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    replied
    I tried with a virtual device (manually created device), to see if i could replicate the issue.

But such a device doesn't write anything to the log-files. W.Vuyk investigated the logs, and found that HS3 sends commands twice to the plugin, which results in the extra command being sent. This might be a bug with the linked device setting in the current HS version.

I have attached a screenshot of the virtual device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-07-27 18_47_02-Window.png Views:	0 Size:	9.7 KB ID:	1318042

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    replied
    Hi, The e-mail has been sent

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Can you do a detailed trace on this? Simply do the following steps:
    • Enable detailed trace and log to file in the plugins configuration page
    • Perform the action you are doing - push the dim button only once (make sure?)
    • Then disable the detailed trace option and log to file

You will find the log file (JowiHue.log) in the logs subdirectory of your Homeseer installation directory. Send this file to jowihue dot ziggo dot nl
    Also, please send me wich values can be send from this zwave dimmer? I need to know if they will match what the plugin is expecting. Alse let me know which JowiHue device (reference number of name) you have been testing?

Thanks,

Wim

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    replied
    that would require an event for each possible value the dimmer has

The dimmer is a z-wave device that uses multilevel commands, with physical buttons. I want the bulb to replicate the dimmers 'movement' so to speak.

The attached log screenshot, if what happens when i push the dim-button on the physical device. Eg. Homeseer receives the z-wave OFF command, and Jowihue sends the command twice - "i think"

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Linked with a dimmer? why are you not using events to do this? Or - which also is possible, do you also have events doing this, in this case break the link?

Leave a comment:

• lurendrejer
    started a topic Problem: Repeating commands

Problem: Repeating commands

Hi.
    The groups are controlled via the Linked device feature, to a multilevel z-wave dimmer.

It would seem that the plugin sends commands twice, is this a bug?

Double-command:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-07-25 11_02_58-Log – Google Chrome.png Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	1317556
Working...
X