Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device 'JowiHue Group All' no longer working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device 'JowiHue Group All' no longer working?

I was using the Group device in events and it seems to have stopped working in the latest release and the beta (I just tried). I can control the lights individually without issue.

Anyone seeing this? thx

Hi Ltek ,

I just updated to 2.0.4.3 and I'm not having any problems controlling group devices with events. Have you tried just controlling the group device with the HS web ui to see if it's the group device itself or the event relationship?

Disclaimer: My Hue setup is very simple. 3x color bulbs and a dimmer switch connected to a bridge.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hi.

20+ bulbs here.
      Groups work, but the all-group is a little sluggish. I'm quite new to zigbee, but i didn't expect that many bulbs to be 100% responsive.

Comment

Ltek ,

Sorry I mis-read your post and missed in the title you were specifically asking about the "All Lights" group. I just tested that group and while it does work I'm getting the following errors in the HS log:
        Jul-27 11:56:49 AM JowiHue Error: (SetLights)::The given key was not present in the dictionary.
        Jul-27 11:56:49 AM Device Control Device: JowiHue Hue Bridge #1 All Lights Philips hue to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Jul-27 11:56:34 AM JowiHue Error: (SetLights)::The given key was not present in the dictionary.
        Jul-27 11:56:34 AM Device Control Device: JowiHue Hue Bridge #1 All Lights Philips hue to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        I'm not sure if these are affecting your setup or not but thought it was worth mentioning.

Ken
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Oooh - hue bridge. I use a conbee 2.

Comment

Ltek
            I think you are on a Conbee right? Are you on deCONZ 2.0.5.66 maybe? As the developers made a change on this version that resulted in an error on the "all lights" groups. It will be repaired in the next version, but for some reason the new version is delayed. It might be an idea to reinstall the 2.05.65 so the issue will not happen.

But also I will review the changes for the all lights group, I might have missed some updates for the all lights groups, which are treated differently then a normal group....
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Ltek
              I think you are on a Conbee right? Are you on deCONZ 2.0.5.66 maybe? As the developers made a change on this version that resulted in an error on the "all lights" groups. It will be repaired in the next version, but for some reason the new version is delayed. It might be an idea to reinstall the 2.05.65 so the issue will not happen..
              I don't know what is going on with the deCONZ developers. They broke multiple things in 2.05.66 and say it is fixed in the next release, but there has been no next release. There are also a number of pending new device additions that are only partially done, and a lot more new ones that have not been addressed at all. They also posted that they want to restructure and rewrite deCONZ. I think that is a great idea, but they need to get the current one stable first. I am tempted to comment on that post and say just that.

Comment

Bill,
                I am seeing the same. I do not know what is happening there at the moment. I do understand their call to rewrite as they no have to enable each sensor and even new releases of sensors. But indeed, I would expect the new release soon first
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

kenm ​​​Ltek lurendrejer

Later today or early tomorrow I will release the new beta, which has changes for the all lights devices. Where normal groups were improved in response to changes, the all lights groups were not included, because these are emulated groups on the gateways, so they do not report. So changes should be less 'sluggish' from the new beta onwards.

I hope Ken could test a bit more with the new beta for his errors? I could not really replicate it, but it might be related to your other issues regarding groups.

And for Ltek - the new beta might solve the issue on deCONZ 2.05.66, but I am not sure. If you are still on this version? But if you are, it would be great if you can confirm it is working normal again?

Wim
                  ​​​​​​​
                  -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk yes, deConz 2.05.66 - will do

Comment

Working...
                    X