Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 2.0.4.3: Group Devices not getting created/deleted properly

First off, I'm running 2.0.4.3 Beta.

I have a very simple setup with 3x color bulbs and initially I had them in two rooms, both of which were created in the Hue app and the HS devices were created by the released version of the plugin (prior to installing the Beta).

I had two bulbs in a room called "Downstairs" and one in a room called "Back Office". Using the plugin's Bridge Maintenance Tab, I removed bulb_3 from Back Office, added it to Downstairs and deleted Back Office. While the Back Office JowiHueGroup and JowiHueGroup root devices were deleted, the plugin didn't delete the Hue, Sat, and CT devices. Are these just orphaned and can I safely delete them manually.

EDIT: OK. I'm an IDIOT! I hadn't added bulb_3 to the group which is almost certainly why the other devices didn't get created.

The next is kind of the opposite of the first issue. I created a new LightGroup called "Downstairs Sub Lights" and only a LightGroup root device got created. I would have also expected a LightGroup device as well as Hue, Sat, and CT devices. Also, the root device didn't get deleted when I deleted the LightGroup. Again, is it safe to delete that device manually?

Thanks,
    Ken

"if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Yes, you can delete the root device savely if no other devices are present in the group. Will recheck the deletion routines here, I might have missed that part....

If you added the bulb 3, the group devices would be updated, either after running for 30 minutes or so, or after a restart. Did that work out?
    Also for the new group created, a restart should create the missing devices I think?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Yes, you can delete the root device savely if no other devices are present in the group. Will recheck the deletion routines here, I might have missed that part....

If you added the bulb 3, the group devices would be updated, either after running for 30 minutes or so, or after a restart. Did that work out?
      Also for the new group created, a restart should create the missing devices I think?

Thanks,

Wim
      Hi Wim,

I deleted the root device since no other devices were associated to it. I then created a new group and properly added the bulb 3 this time and all worked as expected.

Thanks,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
      X