Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to delete a scene

Hi,

I'm just migrating from ZWave to ZigBee for lighting. I have come across a couple of small issues.

I created a test scene to explore what I could do with scenes but I cannot delete it. Rather than the normal 4 HS3 actions I only have the "add scene" and "snapshot" actions available and I can't open up any of the created actions under the scene. Also the isn't a group pulldown available. I've taken a copy of the database and can see the entries in the relevant table but clearly something has become corrupted. The problem persists across a complete HS3 shutdown and restart. What is the best way of removing the errant scene and actions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	scene.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1318419

Also I've noticed that if I'm trying to display filter HS3 events to help me convert Events from ZWave to ZigBee the ordering of floor and room is different between the events and the filter. In events devices are listed as "hs_room hs_floor device" whereas in the "referencing devices" pulldown they are listed in the normal HS3 order of hs_floor hs_room. Any attempt at filtering events for JowiHue devices fails as there is no match.

I'm using JowiHue 2.0.3.3 and HS3 3.0.0.500.

Other than this the transition to ZigBee has been very good.

I think a warning is no longer displayed.... are you using the scene "Landing & Celeing off" in an event maybe?
    If a scene is used somewhere, you cannot delete it unlest you remove it from the events.
    Normally a warning should be shown but it looks it is missed now smehow
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

After rechecking here, is it maybe used in animations as well? the message is hiding,don't know yet why...
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

I've checked my Events and I can't find any events referencing the Scene or the actions. Also they don't appear in the list of "Referencing Devices" which also suggests they aren't used in events, but the filtering by device isn't working either so that may not be conclusive.

I did create an animation to sequence through the actions but I deleted it once I had finished testing. The Animation database table now looks empty. And the Animation tabs simply offers "Add new Animation".

I did have 4 actions under the scene. Two were deleted but there are two remain which can't be opened or deleted.

Comment

Could you show those actions? Are those holding some special character maybe?
          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I can't show the actions, clicking on the triangle doesn't open up any details of the two remaining actions. Sometimes there is possibly a brief flash of a message when I click but no chance to see the message if there is one. There isn't any special character intentionally entered. The action name looks fine when I look in the db file. I can't tell what is in the BLOB. If you look back at the screenshot, the tool-tip for the triangle next to "Upstairs" suggests "click to open this group" rather than scene name.

Comment

Phil,

This is correct, the level for Upstairs is the group level, the scene is "Landing and Ceiling light off", Beneath this level you would see the actions.
              Could you do a detailed trace for me by following these steps:

1. Enable detailed tracing and logging to file in the configuration page
              2. Go to the creativity page , open scenes tab en try to open the group.
              3. Then try to open the scene
              4. disable the detailed trace and logging to file options
              5. Send me the fie "JowiHue.log" from the logs subdirectory in the HS3 installation directory?

And also, let me know if you are running under Windows or Linux?

Send the file to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Log files should be with you.

Comment

Phil,

I received them, but there is challence as there is no trace on anything going wrong here? I am pretty sure you can still use scenes normal.
                  Somehow a unique situation developed here. I am checking the code if it could hide an error somehow. You could remove the scene from the database for now, or you leave it for the next update to become available - I will try to add more error catching there.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Thanks for checking. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong in the log files either. When I get a moment I'll try deleting the entries out of a copy of the database, I presume I just delete the two rows from the "scenes" table? I can't see any triggers or indexes that would be upset by that. Or as everything else is stable I just might wait to the next release and continue experimenting with scenes and animations to learn more about what they can do.

Thanks once again,

Phil

Comment

Working...
                    X