Beta 2.0.4.4: LightGroup status doesn't appear to be working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 2.0.4.4: LightGroup status doesn't appear to be working correctly

Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this plugin and I'm very new to Philips Hue.

I'm seeing a different behavior from LightGroups as compared to the iconnecthue app. Maybe the app isn't correct but its behavior seems more logical to me.

I'm pretty much in experimental mode with my setup so this might seem like overkill but will allow me to expand. I have four LightGroups created; Downstairs Floor Lamps, Downstairs Sub Lights, Downstairs Overhead, and Downstairs TV Lights. There's also a JowiHueGroup called "Downstairs" which is a Room created on the bridge by the app.

Downstairs Floor Lamps has a single color bulb (Bulb #4)
    Downstairs Sub Lights has a single color bulb (Bulb #3)
    Downstairs Overhead has two color bulbs (Bulb #1 and #2)
    Downstairs TV Lights has two color bulbs (Bulb #3 and #4)
    Downstairs has four color bulbs (Bulb #1 - #4)

If I turn ON Bulb #4 the iconnecthue app shows Downstairs Floor Lamps, Downstairs TV Lights, and Downstairs all as ON but the plugin only shows Downstairs Floor Lamps. It's as if it stops with the first LightGroup it finds. The strange thing is that if I click on OFF on any of the groups (in the HS Device UI) that doesn't show ON it still turns OFF Bulb #4 and Downstairs Floor Lamps.

Let me know if you want me to create a clean debug log for this.

Ken

"if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Ken

The group devices will only show "on" or a dim value when all lights inside the group have a "on" or "dim" value. If even only one light is off, the group will show off.
    So it is correct, if only lamp #4 is on, only the group Downstair Floors lamps will show on or dim.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Is this a function of the logic in the plugin or in the bridge itself? The reason I ask is because the iconnecthue app appears to be treating LightGroup status as an "OR" instead of an "AND" condition. In other words, If any device in a group is "on" or a dim value then the group is showing ON.

If this is within the plugin, would it be possible to make this a configurable option?

Thanks,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

It is the bridge itself, it is holding a vallue any_on or all_on. That is what the plugin is responding to.
        In my opinion a group device should be on if allmembers are on - that is why it is a group - it should show the status valid for all devices in the group, not just one? I can make this an optional setting, but what do you want to achieve with a group device being on or off what you cannot do with the JowiHue conditions for events "If any device in group xyz is on/off"?

I was always thinking this condition does fill the gap for most situation, that is what I am using it for?

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

To be honest, I haven't explored the event conditions provided by this plugin much yet.

Let's put this discussion on the shelf for a little while until I can explore these.

Thanks,
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X