X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    The initial error you get is one I never saw happening before:
    Aug-24 10:27:30 AM JowiHue Error: (RegisterWebPage)::Registering Web Links: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Aug-24 10:27:30 AM JowiHue Error: (InitPlugin)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    This is done at the moment the plugin starts, it is not even yet looking for bridges? Is there anything special in the installation that could cause this issue? Are there any HS releated messages around the same time? Is HS maybe starting the plugin to early while still starting itself?

Can you send me a detailed trace of the initial start after the boot and the restart? To do this follow these steps:
    1. Set the detailed trace and log to filoe option on the configuration page
    2. Perform the boot and let the plugin run for 10 minutes or so
    3. Restart the plugin and let it again run for 10 minutes.
    4. Disable the detailed log and log to file options
    5. In the logs subdirectory you will find JowiHue.log and JowiHue-last.log, send me both files?
    Send the files to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Logs from startup and then the restart of the plugin. At startup there are a couple errors, on restart I get the not found error but then its immediately found (the hub was up the whole time). I can reproduce the not finding the hub at HS startup on every boot, currently it is 100% reproducible and as of now a restart is 100% bandaid (e.g. I have not seen the error occur when I do the restart, only at system boot).

Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue ============================================================ ==================================
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue Device of reporting bridge and light firmware updates is enabled
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue 0 Animations available for use in this plugin
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue 2 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue 23 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue -------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue Bridge Main House is at version of type on a
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue 21 Groups available on bridge 'Main House'
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue 49 lights and/or plugs connected to bridge 'Main House'
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue -------------------------------------Bridge info ---------------------------------------------
    Aug-24 2:41:41 PM JowiHue ============================================================ ==================================
    Aug-24 2:41:03 PM JowiHue * Bridge Main House at 10.1.0.182:80 not connected (not reachable)
    Aug-24 2:40:53 PM JowiHue Warning: Bridge Main House not reachable on 10.1.0.182 is bridge powered on or IP/Port address has changed?
    Aug-24 2:40:53 PM JowiHue Cannot find bridge Main House on ip adress 10.1.0.182:80 marking unreachable
    Aug-24 2:40:13 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Aug-24 2:40:12 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.3.3 on Linux
    Aug-24 2:39:59 PM JowiHue Error: (ShutdownIO)::Error ending JowiHue Plug-In
    Aug-24 10:27:41 AM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Aug-24 10:27:41 AM JowiHue Warning: MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found
    Aug-24 10:27:30 AM JowiHue Error: (RegisterWebPage)::Registering Web Links: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Aug-24 10:27:30 AM JowiHue Error: (InitPlugin)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Aug-24 10:26:29 AM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.3.3 on Linux

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    "Is it possible that you open the configuration page too soon after the boot?" No, it doesn't matter if I open the page in a minute or 24 hours later. Until I stop and restart the plugin, it never finds the bridge. Its like whatever you are using to search must have an error at startup so never tries again until manually restarted. Perhaps an uncaught exception is killing the search loop?

Also not using deCONZ, just have one Hue square bridge currently configured (out of 4 the plugin sees on the network).

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Bill,

This error is shown when you open the configuration page and the bridge is not found (yet). Is it possible that you open the configuration page too soon after the boot?
    Also there can be a challenge when you restart deCONZ at the same time as HS3, are they on the same machine being rebooted? Then make sure to start deCONZ first and HS3 after that. Am still trying to find a solution to that..

Wim

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    started a topic Plugin won't initialize at startup

Plugin won't initialize at startup

On 2.0.3.3, for the last few weeks JowiHue reports "Plugin is not in ready state yet, bridge unreachable?" after boot. If I stop the plugin and start it again, it works fine. Is there anything that could potentially fail at startup that could be periodically retried to resolve this? Anything I can do to help track it down?
    Thanks
    Bill
Working...
X