Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue bridge issue August 2019

All,

Philips is rolling out an update to their customers of Philips Hue bridges that changes the name of the company. This plugin uses this name to distinguish between bridges.
    After the name change the current production version (2.0.3.3) and earlier versions of the plugin will throw errors because of this.

Philips started rolling out this update a lot sooner then I expected, so the plugin with the solution is still in beta

The current beta of the plugin (2.0.4.5 and higher) has been updated to address this issue.

To solve this issue, the upgrade to the beta is needed. But be aware this is a one way upgrade as devices in the HS database are all changed.. Have a backup of the Homeseer database as well as the old version of the plugn ready. This beta version is the release candidate, and also for the new release, the upgrade will be a one way upgrade as the devices structure changes.

Wim

Update September 6: I have send the release 2.1.0.0 to HST to publish. to do this I had to remove the beta version, From now on, please check for the 2.1.0.0 version of the plugin
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Wow, thanks! fixed my problem, been troubleshooting for an hour before checking this forum. The error message in the HS log got me puzzled a bit, "bridge not reachable" (but pingable and functioning with hue app). Did get some errors during installation but everything seems to be fully operational again

Comment

I'm assuming our problem has been caused by this update from Philips....

I'm away and my wife rang me about an hour ago to say that none of the lights in the house are working. The plugin is showing:
      Code:
      Philips hue not reachable( 10.255.238.124)
      I stopped the plugin and restarted it and saw this in the logs:
      Code:
       [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]Aug-21 21:56:45[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#009966] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]==============================================================================================[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]Aug-21 21:56:45[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#996600] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]Device of reporting bridge and light firmware updates is enabled[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]0 Animations available for use in this plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]0 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]22 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]Aug-21 21:56:45[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#660099] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]-------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]Bridge Philips hue is at version of type on a[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]12 Groups available on bridge 'Philips hue'[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]32 lights and/or plugs connected to bridge 'Philips hue'[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]Aug-21 21:56:45[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#660099] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]-------------------------------------Bridge info ---------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]Aug-21 21:56:45[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#009966] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]==============================================================================================[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Aug-21 21:56:42[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]* Bridge Philips hue at 10.255.238.124:80 not connected (not reachable)[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Warning: Bridge Philips hue not reachable on 10.255.238.124 is bridge powered on or IP/Port address has changed?[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Cannot find bridge Philips hue on ip adress 10.255.238.124:80 marking unreachable[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Aug-21 21:56:40[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Starting Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]JowiHue loaded in 1402 milliseconds[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin JowiHue started successfully in 690 milliseconds[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.3.3 on Windows[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Aug-21 21:56:39[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Initializing plugin JowiHue ...[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Aug-21 21:56:39[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49661[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      I tried the shutdown, delete bridge device and restart and it successfully connected, but didn't read in the lights list. Stopping it and restarting it then just comes up as unreachable.

Since I'm away at the moment, I don't really want to have to install the beta and mess about with backups etc. Is there a timeframe for a fix in the normal release process?

Cheers,
      Nicholas.

Comment

Only as soon the beta has been approved. It is a release candidate and could be released soon, depending on HST. But if someone finds an errror, it will be longer before it is released for production.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Bridge unreachable since last night, updated the PI to 2.0.4.5 and the issue is resolved. Not seeing any weird behavior in the HS3 log so good and happy for now!

Thanks Wim, keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank's! Couldn't understand why my lights suddenly wouldn't turn off last night. Checked the Hue app, and everything was just fine.
            Beta install fixed it!

Comment

Where does one actually get the beta? I don't see anywhere to download it and I currently can't control my lights.

Comment

Woah. Mine stopped working today, and it was complete coincidence that I had made a couple of configuration changes on my switches, so I was trying to figure out if there was any way that could have killed my hue connection (which didn't make any sense since I had the same symptoms as others - hue unreachable to homeseer, but working everywhere else). Beta version fixed. Many thanks for being on top of this!

Comment

Originally posted by IHawkMike View Post
                  Where does one actually get the beta? I don't see anywhere to download it and I currently can't control my lights.
                  IHawkMike
                  Check this thread for installing the beta
                  -- Wim

Comment

If only I have read this thread before... I could have spared some sleeping hours of troubleshooting and then adding all my HUEs from Hubitat plugin...

Updated to this beta and now everything seems to be working correctly again... No problems so far.. just a weird root device ( I understand is one of the changes )

Thanks for the Update!

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

IHawkMike
                      Check this thread for installing the beta
                      I have looked everywhere in this thread and there are no links to download the beta. I assume this forum doesn't let you access attachments until you hit some arbitrary post count. Is there some other place I can get it?

Comment

Originally posted by ppespepe View Post
                        If only I have read this thread before... I could have spared some sleeping hours of troubleshooting
                        Same here. Been giving me issues for a couple of days. I'd just had some issues with some Aqara devices, and I thought that something I'd done on working on that had caused the issue.

The beta has fixed the issue.
                        Great work.

G

Are there any changes in this beta that will help with the Aqara curtains?

Comment

Thanks! The beta has me back up!

Comment

Originally posted by IHawkMike View Post

I have looked everywhere in this thread and there are no links to download the beta. I assume this forum doesn't let you access attachments until you hit some arbitrary post count. Is there some other place I can get it?
                            It isn't posted as an attachment or link, it is in the beta section of the updater. Select PLUG-INS/Manage. Scroll down to Additional Interfaces and click on the little arrow. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and next to last there is a Beta section. Click on the little arrow to open it up and you will see it. Both 2.0.4.4 and 2.0.4.5 are listed, make sure you select 2.0.4.5. From there it is just like any other plugin update.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post

It isn't posted as an attachment or link, it is in the beta section of the updater. Select PLUG-INS/Manage. Scroll down to Additional Interfaces and click on the little arrow. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and next to last there is a Beta section. Click on the little arrow to open it up and you will see it. Both 2.0.4.4 and 2.0.4.5 are listed, make sure you select 2.0.4.5. From there it is just like any other plugin update.
                              Thank you SO much. That is exactly what I needed to know to get the beta installed. That was far from intuitive as I've never had to install any beta versions of plugins until now. My lights are working again!

Comment

Working...
                              X