No announcement yet.

Philips Hue bridge issue August 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, missing to restore the homeseer database probably made things worse. Hate to say it, but a fresh start might be the best thing to do now.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

w.vuyk

Restored to august 23., updated and it seems to be OK.

sep-07 15.06.40 JowiHue ============================================================ ================

sep-07 15.06.40 JowiHue ===== Errors have occurred, please check log and forum how to proceed? =====

sep-07 15.06.40 JowiHue =============== Ending conversion JowiHue devices - step 2 =================

sep-07 15.06.30 JowiHue Initialisation bridgedevices completed correctly, but needed 9 retries

sep-07 15.04.54 JowiHue Warning: Converting Hue tap switch Stue failed. Will try again in conversion step 2.

sep-07 15.04.54 JowiHue Warning: Converting Hue Dimmer Soverom 2 failed. Will try again in conversion step 2.

sep-07 15.04.53 JowiHue Warning: Converting Hue Dimmer Soverom 1 failed. Will try again in conversion step 2.

sep-07 15.04.26 JowiHue ============================================================ ================

sep-07 15.04.26 JowiHue ============= Starting conversion JowiHue devices - step 1 =================

sep-07 15.04.26 JowiHue ============================================================ ================

Can I relax now?

Thanks.

Comment

I hope so.. did you check the dimmers and tap? Are they functioning normal?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Yes, everything is working fine now.

Comment

Hi! After updating the plugin created like 6000 new Devices..

Is there a quick fix/known issue?

Wbr

C

Comment

Originally posted by Farmansgata View Post

This is not a known issue. What devices have been created, are these pointing to a certain type bulb/plug or sensor? Or are all devices multiplied? I would like to know a bit more detail.

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by Farmansgata View Post

The upgrade will create one new HS3 parent device for any Zigbee end point that is already defined with more than one HS3 device. So things like color bulbs and multi attribute sensors will get a new parent device. If you have 20 color bulbs you will get 20 new parent devices.

Bill

Comment

I just upgraded to JowiHue version 2.1.0.0, and the upgrade/migration completed successfully. HS3/JowiHue can now talk to my Philips bridge. Thanks, Wim!!

Comment

Hello, glad I found this thread prior to hard resetting the bridge as Philips suggested during an hour long call. Not sure why but when I found and checked the update box for 2.1.0.0 from current 2.0.1.9 I receive*(d):

Install/Update of package JowiHue failed.

Still at 2.0.1.9 and Bridge cannot be found, even with the IP in the ini trick.

-------

Ok, leaving this whole thing in case someone else also not adept at HSing like me apparently comes along.

I looked at the log again, and this plugin kindly put words in red, basically:

Disable Plugin
                    Then try update (worked)

Then I re-enabled, refresh page, configuration, bridge found (phew), clicked register-> press button on bridge and...

everything works! all devices/lights/dimmer etc seem fine my events all work.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      Yeah, missing to restore the homeseer database probably made things worse. Hate to say it, but a fresh start might be the best thing to do now.
                      How do you do fresh start? Since Philips bridge update i am having issue with my plugin. in one update conbee bridge works, but hue does not, next update hue would work but not conbee, up to today i was on last beta version and it some how worked but today I updated to 2.1.0.0 and the whole plugin crashes within seconds on start. I hope fresh start would resolve the issue... What are the steps to remove it? just delete the old db and plugin? anything else? Thanks!

Comment

Turn off jowihue. Navigate in all the folder you see in hs3 folder.

when you see something named jowihue delete it.

from memory:

-2 files in hs3 root folder (exept if you déete the plugin from the plugin page ..in that case you just have one .config file to delete.

- 1 file in data folder
                        -1 file in logs folder (not sure)
                        -1 in bin folder
                        -1file in config folder
                        - also one file in html...but those are just pictures...

maybe i missed one you’ll have to check ...or wait for wim.

nb: I said ‘’file’’ but these can be ‘’folder’’

Comment

Originally posted by krufka View Post

How do you do fresh start? Since Philips bridge update i am having issue with my plugin. in one update conbee bridge works, but hue does not, next update hue would work but not conbee, up to today i was on last beta version and it some how worked but today I updated to 2.1.0.0 and the whole plugin crashes within seconds on start. I hope fresh start would resolve the issue... What are the steps to remove it? just delete the old db and plugin? anything else? Thanks!
                          krufka To add to MattL0's correct answer, also delete all JowiHue devices in HS3 with the plugin disabled.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk i have removed it all plus deleted all JowiHue devices, rebooted computer and re-installed plugin but am still having it crashed seconds after enabling it. seems like there is something else in memory ... would the startup log help troubleshoot it?

Comment

here is the error message:
                              Sep-15 15:59:51 JowiHue Initialisation bridgedevices did not complete correctly, exiting plugin
                              Sep-15 15:59:51 JowiHue Error: (FindBridgesSelf)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Sep-15 15:59:37 JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                              Sep-15 15:59:37 JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.1.0.0 on Windows
                              Attached Files

Comment

I've updated the plug-in as usual (not reading the changes at first) to version 2.1.0.0. and now the plug-in isn't working anymore.
                                sep-16 13:46:51 Info Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected
                                sep-16 13:46:51 JowiHue Initialisation bridgedevices did not complete correctly, exiting plugin
                                sep-16 13:46:51 JowiHue Error: (FindBridgesSelf):e objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
                                sep-16 13:46:38 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
                                sep-16 13:46:38 Starting Plug-In JowiHue loaded in 3321 milliseconds
                                sep-16 13:46:38 Starting Plug-In Plugin JowiHue started successfully in 1363 milliseconds
                                sep-16 13:46:38 JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                                sep-16 13:46:38 JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.1.0.0 on Windows
                                sep-16 13:46:36 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin JowiHue ...
                                sep-16 13:46:36 Info Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:
                                Does anyone has a quick solution to solve this problem, without having to do a fresh install and losing al my settings?

I didn't make a back-up of the previous version, but i have a back up from the HS3 config and the HS database. Is it possible to recieve a older version from the plug-in?

I've ordered the new bridge v2, would that solve the problem?

I don't understand the problem with the new update. Philips has updated the bridge, which changes the name of the company. I'm using bridge V1 and there hasn't been an update for a while. Does that mean that i already had a problem by updating this plug-in because i've an older brigde?

Any tips are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X