Philips Hue bridge issue August 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,

The V1 bridge is not updated, so it had no problems. I have submitted a new version to the updater that should solve your issue earlier today. Hoping HST will update it today...
    You can check the update3 folder of your HS3 installation directory. Is you did not recently update HS3 it could still hold the old version of the plugin. Otherwise, best wait for the update to be published by HST

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Michael,

The V1 bridge is not updated, so it had no problems. I have submitted a new version to the updater that should solve your issue earlier today. Hoping HST will update it today...
      You can check the update3 folder of your HS3 installation directory. Is you did not recently update HS3 it could still hold the old version of the plugin. Otherwise, best wait for the update to be published by HST

Wim
      Thanks Wim,

For your support, i will check my update3 folder to check if i have an older version. And i hope that the new version will solve it.

Comment

Wim

Version 2.1.0.1 of your plug-in did the job for me, thank you for that!

Since i ordered the V2 version of the bridge, do you have any suggestions to convert from V1 to V2 without any problems?

Unfortunately i have no files (older versions of your plug-in) in the update3 folder.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post
          Wim

Version 2.1.0.1 of your plug-in did the job for me, thank you for that!

Since i ordered the V2 version of the bridge, do you have any suggestions to convert from V1 to V2 without any problems?

Unfortunately i have no files (older versions of your plug-in) in the update3 folder.

Michael
          I would like to know this too. My V2 is on the shelf waiting to get used and to transfer everything from v1 to V2. But I am not sure if this will go without problems.

Comment

There are a few challenges coming from a V1 to a V2 bridge. Philips offers an upgrade path for that, where you start a process in the Philips Hue app, which will transfer all data to the new bridge. After that you do need to disconnect the old V1 bridge including disconnecting ot from the network.

Ths plugin needs to be disabled during this process! I believe the new bridge has to be restarted after the process. Then you can check and test the new bridge. Once all is done, you can start the plugin again. Be prepared, versy often the plugin throws errors, which I could never prevent. The plugin will try to move the lights for administration to the new bridge, but because the new bridge exposes itself as the old bridge this throws exceptions. You might have to correct some lights after an extra restart of the plugin.

If you use the JowiHue actions for the events, no changes should be needed. But if you have to remove a light device, the device actions and/or condition will need checking.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              There are a few challenges coming from a V1 to a V2 bridge. Philips offers an upgrade path for that, where you start a process in the Philips Hue app, which will transfer all data to the new bridge. After that you do need to disconnect the old V1 bridge including disconnecting ot from the network.

Ths plugin needs to be disabled during this process! I believe the new bridge has to be restarted after the process. Then you can check and test the new bridge. Once all is done, you can start the plugin again. Be prepared, versy often the plugin throws errors, which I could never prevent. The plugin will try to move the lights for administration to the new bridge, but because the new bridge exposes itself as the old bridge this throws exceptions. You might have to correct some lights after an extra restart of the plugin.

If you use the JowiHue actions for the events, no changes should be needed. But if you have to remove a light device, the device actions and/or condition will need checking.

Wim
              I am moving things over from fibaro to hS3 and was concentrating on other things. So I have only a couple of lights linked to jowihue.
              What is the best way of starting over with jowihue? What directories/files do I need to remove? Or is just removing the plugin enough?
              The idea is remove plugin, do the philips upgrade path to v2, reinstall your plugin, rebuild the events (I only have a few for now).

Comment

Starting over is simpler then that in you case. I was answering your quuuuuestion with respect to keep the devices intact. But if you want to start over, you do not need to remove the plugin. Just disable the plugin and remove all JowiHue devices (bridges, lights sensors and switches) Nothing left. Move the old bridge to the new bridge. And once tested on the Philips Hue app, enable the pugin.
                The bridge will probably still be registered because the database is still there, but that should not be a problem. This only means the plugin will start creating the new devices immediatly.
                But in this case, no issues or corrections needed.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X