• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    logman Barry,

Sorry for the late answer. Was typing an answer to you when I needed to restart my RaspBee, which subsequently decided that SD card was bad and did not start anymore. Made my wife choose the priority in the dark I think you now know what she chose... solve the raspberry first!

The issue you are seeing on deCONZ has been around for a long time. deCONZ is unclear about the naming sequences. If you have a multisensor, like you have with the motion sensor combined with the temperature sensor it is hard to predict which sensor deCONZ will user for naming the device in the interface.
    This is confusing and will stay unpredictable I am afraid.

Ltek had send me a naming suggestion a while back, whith the current parent device structure. I am still thinking on it, but the issue have might be a bit better with that naming structure. In short it would be that you give the root device a logical name to describe the sensor e.g. "Weather sensor garden". The plugin would then rename sensors (in deCONZ as well as HS) with the logical extension for each subsensor eg Weather sensor garden Temperature, Weather sensor garden Pressure, Weather sensor garden Humidity....

I am not yet ready to implement it as there might be some issues with the possibile limits on length of the name in deCONZ and some more stuff I want to think on before doing this.
    So I hope to make this a bit clearer, but not yet at this point. I rather release the plugin as it is now and take it out of beta.

Any moment HST should send some more info on HS4 and probably this would be the next update on the plugin. After that I'll be back on the naming issue and with a proposition on how to solve this in more detail?

Ok for you too?

Thanks,

Wim
    Hi Wim,

Yep, works for me. I like the suggestion Ltek made. That is pretty much the convention I use for naming devices. However you are right that sometimes character limits are a problem, which means being creative with the names. Phoscon does a right trim if the name is too long, that might be an option for you too.

The "new" problem I was experiencing was trying to rename a parent device from the normal Homeseer device configuration tab. When I try to change the name there, it will sometimes change back on its on a few minutes later. This problem was effecting new devices as well as old devices. However I have found that renaming on the JowiHue tab works every time and does not revert back. So now I just rename on the JowiHue tab and issue solved. However, I wanted you to be aware in case others ran into the same issue.

Last night I also had a duplication issue similar to the one Ltek experienced with Keen vents. For me JowiHue kept creating a new root device for a Samjin (SmartThiings) outlet every 10 minutes or so. The problem turned out to be deCONZ did not correctly join the outlet initially, and JowiHue imported the outlet with capabilities of a dimmable RGBW bulb. What is a bit odd is the outlet had been joined to the network for around 24 hours before the duplication started. I deleted the device from Phoscon and JowiHue and then rejoined, and all is well now.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    logman Barry,

Sorry for the late answer. Was typing an answer to you when I needed to restart my RaspBee, which subsequently decided that SD card was bad and did not start anymore. Made my wife choose the priority in the dark I think you now know what she chose... solve the raspberry first!

The issue you are seeing on deCONZ has been around for a long time. deCONZ is unclear about the naming sequences. If you have a multisensor, like you have with the motion sensor combined with the temperature sensor it is hard to predict which sensor deCONZ will user for naming the device in the interface.
    This is confusing and will stay unpredictable I am afraid.

Ltek had send me a naming suggestion a while back, whith the current parent device structure. I am still thinking on it, but the issue have might be a bit better with that naming structure. In short it would be that you give the root device a logical name to describe the sensor e.g. "Weather sensor garden". The plugin would then rename sensors (in deCONZ as well as HS) with the logical extension for each subsensor eg Weather sensor garden Temperature, Weather sensor garden Pressure, Weather sensor garden Humidity....

I am not yet ready to implement it as there might be some issues with the possibile limits on length of the name in deCONZ and some more stuff I want to think on before doing this.
    So I hope to make this a bit clearer, but not yet at this point. I rather release the plugin as it is now and take it out of beta.

Any moment HST should send some more info on HS4 and probably this would be the next update on the plugin. After that I'll be back on the naming issue and with a proposition on how to solve this in more detail?

Ok for you too?

Thanks,

Wim

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    *boinc* that is weird. But I will still check as I can imagine there might have been some misses with the new structure. And I will keep in mind that an initialised plugin might respond different after a name change then when the plugin starts with the changed name...

Thanks for letting me know!

Wim

Leave a comment:

• Einar
    replied
    And today everything works as supposed!
    I installed 2 new lights and renamed them from their initial names to what I wanted.
    Inspired by the success I tried to do what I failed to achieve yesterday. And now those got happily renamed too. !??
    I did a shutdown on both the Raspberries, deCONZ and Homeseer, as I had to physically install the roof light, and I'm allergic to 240V.
    Yesterday I stopped and restarted JowiHue without it making any difference though. ( Often that will clear any errors in my experience. )
    So I can say for sure this is a periodic error of some kind.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    I will have to check on this, I am sure this is a bug because of the new root structure.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by Einar View Post
    Version 2.0.4.4

Trying to rename Xiaomi mijia Aqara Smart Air Pressure Temperature Humidity Environment Sensors.
    It won't stick! Reverting back to the (root) names given by deCONZ: Humidity ##. The names of the other items in the same sensor had other numbers initially.
    But after trying to rename them to names reflecting their position, they changed back to what they were, except this time same number as root.
    Also the name changes does not reflect back to deCONZ. They usually do that within a short time.

Earlier today I added some Philips dimmer switches and Xiaomi mijia Aqara Human Body Sensor Smart body Movement Motion Sensors with no such problems.
    Their names stuck.

Other than that this version seems to work as well as previous versions.
    I can confirm that I'm having the same issue. If I rename a child device, the name either reverts back a few seconds later, or the child device name becomes the root name in deCONZ. See example below...

Click image for larger version  Name:	examplel 1.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1322607

Click image for larger version  Name:	examplel 2.png Views:	0 Size:	554.0 KB ID:	1322608

In the example above, I changed the name on the JowiHue tab of the child device to "Temperature" which made the name stick in HS, but it also renamed the root device in deCONZ to the child device name.

Version 2.0.4.5.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• Einar
    started a topic Naming devices not working.

Naming devices not working.

Version 2.0.4.4

Trying to rename Xiaomi mijia Aqara Smart Air Pressure Temperature Humidity Environment Sensors.
    It won't stick! Reverting back to the (root) names given by deCONZ: Humidity ##. The names of the other items in the same sensor had other numbers initially.
    But after trying to rename them to names reflecting their position, they changed back to what they were, except this time same number as root.
    Also the name changes does not reflect back to deCONZ. They usually do that within a short time.

Earlier today I added some Philips dimmer switches and Xiaomi mijia Aqara Human Body Sensor Smart body Movement Motion Sensors with no such problems.
    Their names stuck.

Other than that this version seems to work as well as previous versions.
Working...
X