Innr Zigbee Plug Outlet Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innr Zigbee Plug Outlet Switch

Found these new Innr ZigBee outlets on Amazon and thought the price was attractive, so I decided to give them a try. deCONZ found the Innr plugs immediately and controls them without any problems. You will need to join the plugs as a light bulb, as deCONZ does not recognize them as a switch.

JowiHue imported them to Homeseer without issue, although a JowiHue "root device" was not created. Only a single device for the plug was created.

The design of the plug was well thought out and does not cover access to the second outlet above. Bravo to Innr for thinking about that. There is a button on the side of the plug for manual operation and is also used to put the plug into join or factory reset modes. I tried resetting and then rejoining to the network and everything worked as expected.

What is impressive is how well the plugs act as repeaters. This is the main reason I bought the plugs, as I have a few sensors in fringe areas of my network so I wanted some good repeaters to help fill the gaps. These plugs are a cheap way to accomplish that, even if you don't need the on/off functionality of the plug itself.

So far I give the Innr plugs 5 stars for value, design and reliability. Innr makes some impressive looking white ambience and color bulbs that are currently only available in Europe. They recently have started importing Zigbee 2700k white E27 and BR30 bulbs to the US that are ridiculously cheap yet compatible with Hue bridges, so I'm hoping soon they will also begin to offer the white ambience and color versions as well. They should be around half-price of their Hue counterparts.

--Barry

Thanks Barry ( logman ). Just ordered a 2-pack to test out with a Philips Hue bridge. I'll let you know how they work with the Hue bridge and the plugin as well.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Wim,

Thought you might like to see the JowiHue tab and JSON string for the plugs. Currently JowiHue assigns them Light Bulb images in Homeseer rather than the plug on/off/unreachable images.

**************************** Object info *****************************
      {
      "type": "On/Off plug-in unit",
      "name": "Shop West Innr Outlet",
      "modelid": "SP 224",
      "swversion": "2.1",
      "uniqueid": "14:b4:57:ff:fe:43:4d:d3-01",
      "manufacturername": "innr",
      "state": {
      "on": true,
      "bri": 254,
      "alert": "none",
      "reachable": true
      },
      "etag": "2f7ef2804aab80861fee452f06b7896c",
      "hascolor": false,
      "BridgeSerial": "00212EFFFF029EBD",
      "id": "1"
      }
      ************************* End Object info ***************************

Click image for larger version  Name:	Innr_plug.png Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	1323462

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        Thanks Barry ( logman ). Just ordered a 2-pack to test out with a Philips Hue bridge. I'll let you know how they work with the Hue bridge and the plugin as well.

Ken
        Ken,

I haven't tested them with the Hue bridge but they are advertised as being compatible so I'm sure they are. I normally join all my Hue ambience and color bulbs to a Hue bridge and then sensors and whatnot to deCONZ, so I end up being short of repeaters on the deCONZ network if I'm not careful. I was using SmartThings plugs as needed, but those have been discontinued and replaced with a new WiFi version. These are going to be a good alternative, and cheaper than the old SmartThings outlet too.

--Barry

Comment

Barry,

I have been using the Innr plugs (EU) for some tme now and am very happy with them. Indeed the size finally allows a second cord next to it without loosing spots.
          Here the innr plug is also recording load,s Watts and kWh usage. I wonder if the US version is also reporting its usage, but maybe the developers do not know about it yet?

If you have time you could post the details on the device following these guidelines on github so they can have a look. If it is acting the same as the EU version it shoud not take long to solve. Make sure in your request to point to the innr SP120, which is the EU version? I will push a bit too once you posted it?

I have attached a new JowiHueImport.xml file. Place this file in the config directory. It should be read after 15 minutes or so. Not sure, but the icon should change while running, otherwise restart the plugin.

Thanks

Wim
          Attached Files
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Barry,

I have been using the Innr plugs (EU) for some tme now and am very happy with them. Indeed the size finally allows a second cord next to it without loosing spots.
            Here the innr plug is also recording load,s Watts and kWh usage. I wonder if the US version is also reporting its usage, but maybe the developers do not know about it yet?

If you have time you could post the details on the device following these guidelines on github so they can have a look. If it is acting the same as the EU version it shoud not take long to solve. Make sure in your request to point to the innr SP120, which is the EU version? I will push a bit too once you posted it?

I have attached a new JowiHueImport.xml file. Place this file in the config directory. It should be read after 15 minutes or so. Not sure, but the icon should change while running, otherwise restart the plugin.

Thanks

Wim
            Hey Wim,

No problem.... Done. I'm not sure if the US version reports watts and usage, but it won't hurt for them to take a look see.

https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/1807

--Barry

Comment

I saw it. ebaauw is asking there for images in the basic cluster and the power clusters as these are holding the info he needs to enable the reports when possible...

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

logman Barry,

Saw the comments today on github, no usage reporting possible. To bad, as I like the reporting here on the EU models. In this case, the single device is normoal, as it is only an on/off devide. Did the update of the JowiHueImports.xml work for you by removing the slide from the device and the change of icon?

I also see an update in deCONZ regarding the brightness, so I think the next version will also enable the plugin to recognise this without the imports file.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

logman Barry,

Saw the comments today on github, no usage reporting possible. To bad, as I like the reporting here on the EU models. In this case, the single device is normoal, as it is only an on/off devide. Did the update of the JowiHueImports.xml work for you by removing the slide from the device and the change of icon?

I also see an update in deCONZ regarding the brightness, so I think the next version will also enable the plugin to recognise this without the imports file.

Wim
                  Hi Wim,

Yes, the .xml file did work and change the icon to the correct slide. I had already changed 1 device manually, but the other device I had not yet changed updated correctly.

I like the little switches and have ordered a few more to add to the network as repeaters. For $15US each, they are cheap insurance against battery powered sensors dropping from the network. Too bad they don't offer power reporting as that would add to their usefulness, but for the price I can't complain too much.

Now I'm waiting for Innr to import some of their RGBW bulbs to the US. I'd like to see someone step up and put some price pressure on Philips Hue.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
                    Found these new Innr ZigBee outlets on Amazon and thought the price was attractive, so I decided to give them a try. deCONZ found the Innr plugs immediately and controls them without any problems. You will need to join the plugs as a light bulb, as deCONZ does not recognize them as a switch...
                    Got 2 today. Installed one so far with deConz and JowiHue. Paired and imported readily, although as "light." Nonetheless, it works great. Thanks for the tip about these. Elliott
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Richel,

In the latest beta, thus also in the next release, icons will be corrected again.

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Now I'm waiting for Innr to import some of their RGBW bulbs to the US. I'd like to see someone step up and put some price pressure on Philips Hue.

--Barry
                        logman Guess what? Philips Hue will bring out a plug as well..... I made a hard copy of the site as it is all in Dutch. They show the plug for EU, it looks exactly like the innr EU plug....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-02 09_23_02-Philips Hue Smart Plug en Filament_ slimme stekker en nieuwe lampen.png
Views:	843
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	1323893

BTW the bulbs will also be available soon
                        -- Wim

Comment

Richel,

In the latest beta, thus also in the next release, icons will be corrected again.

Thanks,

Wim
                          Actually, icons are correct. I think it is because of the JowiHueImports.xml file that you posted and I downloaded.
                          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

That is it
                            -- Wim

Comment

logman They show the plug for EU, it looks exactly like the innr EU plug....
                              Hmm, wonder if it is a private label deal between Innr and Hue?

Comment

Working...
                              X