Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xiaomi Aqara Water Sensor Detector... "work well" or a "do not buy"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Aqara Water Sensor Detector... "work well" or a "do not buy"?

Considering buying a few of these. They are about half the cost of the Homeseer Zwave version. I have a few older Zwave sensors: Aeotec and Everspring which work fine but want to get a bunch more and the Xiaomi Aqara are cheap. If they work well?

thx for the input

Nothing wrong with Zigbee sensors, but cheapest deal I can find is $80 for a 3-pack at Amazon, and that is more then what I paid for 3x Dome Z-Wave water sensors that have a longer battery life (due to CR123A vs CR2032) and optional external sensor included (so Z-Wave device can be placed in better network range, with for example the sensor down into a sump pump hole or beneath a metal washer/dryer that might obstruct signals).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283521854952 (used the make-an-offer option on a 3-pack so YMMV)

Comment

Gear Best has the Xiaomi water sensors on sale for $12.99 each. I've ordered many times from Gear Best and never had a problem.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-smart-...ml?wid=1349303

I have a couple dozen of the Xiaomi water sensors deployed and have good luck with them. On the back they have 2 stainless screws that you can attach wire leads to, and then the sensor can be used as an open/close contact. I use several that way in conjunction with pressure pads under door mats, under mattresses, etc to help keep up with occupancy.

I have learned that when you join them to the network, do so at the location where they are going to be placed. If you join them directly to the controller and then move them out of range of the controller, they are loathe to give up that initial connection and use a router. Best to join them where they are going to be located so they can establish their route back to the controller during that initial "awake" period.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
        Gear Best has the Xiaomi water sensors on sale for $12.99 each. I've ordered many times from Gear Best and never had a problem.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-smart-...ml?wid=1349303

I have a couple dozen of the Xiaomi water sensors deployed and have good luck with them. On the back they have 2 stainless screws that you can attach wire leads to, and then the sensor can be used as an open/close contact. I use several that way in conjunction with pressure pads under door mats, under mattresses, etc to help keep up with occupancy.

I have learned that when you join them to the network, do so at the location where they are going to be placed. If you join them directly to the controller and then move them out of range of the controller, they are loathe to give up that initial connection and use a router. Best to join them where they are going to be located so they can establish their route back to the controller during that initial "awake" period.

--Barry
        Agree. I have about 10 purchased from Gearbest and they work well with very good range. By the way, Barry, how exactly do you construct the device physically to use it as a pressure sensor, which sounds like a great way to use these? Thanks, Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Richel, check this thread for it: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...i-water-sensor
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Thanks, Wim!
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
            X