JowiHue - lights, groups show in HS, but not scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue - lights, groups show in HS, but not scenes

I just installed the JowiHue plugin and the conbee stick. All working fine, lights imported, groups created, and scenes (actually, one scene) created all in Phoscon.

Everything imports into the JowiHue in HS... except the scene. Why not the scene?

Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pete

Scenes are bound on the bridge, there is no use to copy these locally for the plugin. But you should be able to select a bridge scene in the JowiHue actions if needed.
    You can create local scenes for the plugin by going to the creativity page. In the doucmentation of the plugin you will find information how to work with presets, scenes and animations.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I would love to but the whole setup has broken (again, and then again).

Restarting HS is a bad idea, but I was able to recover - had to remove Phoscon-GW, then re-scan and so on. It worked... for a bit.

- if I restart the machine, Deconz doesn’t autostart.

- If I create a cron job in Webmin, it throws a syntax error (line 54) in deConz-autostart.sh.

- On Restarting my Hometroller SEL, the bridge to the Phoscon-GW breaks.

Start all over again…

I try to rescan but no luck. I try to remove the unreachable bridge, but it doesn't want to go. Can't go forward, or backwards.

Here's a bit of the log.

Sep-06 3:45:44 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:42:49 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:40:41 PM JowiHue Error: (BuildBridgeTab)::web Maintenance:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Sep-06 3:38:09 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:36:26 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:35:38 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:34:29 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:34:16 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
      Sep-06 3:33:11 PM JowiHue Extra info: change_device-0-147-2
      Sep-06 3:33:11 PM JowiHue Error: (HSEvent)::Error running config change:The given key '00212EFFFF03276B' was not present in the dictionary.
      Sep-06 3:33:11 PM JowiHue Warning: bridge device Phoscon-GW was removed, removing bridge from caches
      Sep-06 3:32:27 PM JowiHue Error: (BuildBridgeTab)::web Maintenance:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Sep-06 3:31:22 PM JowiHue Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR light or group off stopanimations -----Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anyway, lots of time lost.

Not sure now how I can get connected to the Phoscon-GW any more.

Comment

Pete,

Appearantly you are experimenting on a Hometroller with Linux?
        First of all, try to split issues. If deCONZ does not start, the plugin will report the bridge unreachable. But that is NO reason to try to remove it from the plugin, nor to delete devices! The issue is starting deCONZ, so work on that part first. That is something separate from the plugin. If you are bothered by the errors the plugin throws because events trigger faulty, disable the plugin. But solve starting deCONZ is the priority. If deCONZ returns, you'll see that the plugin connects again and all will be fine again.

I am no good at all with Linux. All I have seen in the past is combining deCONZ on a Hometroller SEL is hard to do and is way out of my league. But maybe other users have experimented succesful with this combination. So I do hope other can chime in here?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Deconz does start manually. And it is running. I can manipulate lights from phoscon app. But no longer able to connect to conbee stick on jowihue.

I'd like Deconz to auto start should there be a power outage. No luck there either, the whole setup breaks up good on reboot.

Comment

Ok, I was under the impression deCONZ would not start. But still, do not remove devices, but collect me some information? Are the bulb devices still present? Is the bridge device still present? I need to know this to see where we are now?

When the plugin starts - and the bridge device is present, it will log what it finds about this bridge, probably the expected ip adress included. could yu post the JowiHue messages in the HS3 log during startup of the plugin. This could give us a pointer to what is happening?
            One thing to make sure is that deCONZ is running before the startup of the plugin. If this was not the case, make sure deCONZ is started and then restart the plugin itself.

Let me know what you find?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Scenes are bound on the bridge, there is no use to copy these locally for the plugin. But you should be able to select a bridge scene in the JowiHue actions if needed.
              Hi.

None off my scenes defined in phoscon is available from JowiHue. It only list the local defined scenes.

Comment

Per,

Sorry, so far the plugin indeed only handles the Philips Hue scenes as only the Philips Hue comes with predefined scenes. If support of deCONZ gateway scenes is wanted, i will have to add that. It might surface no ealier as with the HS4 version though.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X