Remote hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote hub?

Anyone know if this would work with a hub at a separate location? Have the plugin and working great at home but would like to use it to control hue lights at a secound location. Any idea if this would work? Thinking I could just manually enter the ip of the remote hub, but dont want to buy a 2nd hub if this wont work.

Do not know for sure. I never got to test this, but having a VPN to the other location and specifying the ip might just work. But never got to test it, still want to test this myself as well though..
    Might have an opportunity to do this in a month or two though....
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by ajachierno View Post
      Anyone know if this would work with a hub at a separate location? Have the plugin and working great at home but would like to use it to control hue lights at a secound location. Any idea if this would work? Thinking I could just manually enter the ip of the remote hub, but dont want to buy a 2nd hub if this wont work.
      I think the hub would have to be on the same network that deCONZ and JowiHue runs on. Everything is handled with API calls back and forth between JowiHue and deCONZ, so I would think all the hubs will need to be located on the same sub-domain. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I do know that JowiHue can handle multiple instances of deCONZ and multiple hubs. That part is not an issue.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
      X