• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Bill,

You posted this before in the other thread too. I already worked on it, but also on low priority as it is only occurring once in so many shutdowns (i do see it myself too). It seems sometimes closure is faster then the last thread being closed. I think the next version will solve this.

Wim
    No worries, sorry I forgotten I mentioned it. Certainly not a high priority, just wanted you to know.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Bill,

You posted this before in the other thread too. I already worked on it, but also on low priority as it is only occurring once in so many shutdowns (i do see it myself too). It seems sometimes closure is faster then the last thread being closed. I think the next version will solve this.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    started a topic Potential shutdown issue

Potential shutdown issue

Hi,

Now that the IO system is actually running in a multithreaded way, I am sometimes seeing an error at shutdown.

02:59:00:9328:[JowiHue]->Error: (ShutdownIO)::Error ending JowiHue Plug-In

I suspect the error is preventing you from stopping a timer (perhaps you are getting an exception and its causing the Shutdown to not process to the point you stop the timer), and I think its also seeing you stop some background threads. If those threads continue after ShutdownIO returns you will see exceptions as the TCP channel closes pretty quickly after that call returns. Wondering if you could check that and perhaps protect the call sequence with try/catch in smaller increments or have the finally block ensure the timer and backgrounds are terminated?

Thanks!
    Bill
Working...
X