Dim step up/down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim step up/down

I actually thought that the dim up/down actions was some sort of stepping feature - but today i found out that it wasn't. It's a global dim-to variable

Have you considered adding a step feature? This would allow a soft dim (eg. dim 10% every second with a 1sec transition time - while a certain button is held down)

You can do that with a script. Many switches (assuming you want to use a physical switch ) send a holding status, which is shown as a status on the plugins devices. Most of them get a different value when the button is released. Based on that you can create actions that do what you want.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Yup.
      I have 4button z-wave devices installed everywhere that works like that.
      I'm avoiding scripts as much as possible.

And I had some 'meh'-experiences when I tried scripting out. When, for instance, I release then button I need some sort of 'last-dim-direction' allowing it to brighten when the button is held again. This got too complex when having many lights.

My z-wave bulbs and dimmers does this all by themselves.
      ​​​​

Comment

If just homeseer had support for z-wave multilevel-up/down commands - but i don't think that will ever happen

Comment

Working...
        X