Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeesh... what happened to my sensor grouping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeesh... what happened to my sensor grouping?

So I finally updated the plugin to the latest but don't understand the device groupings with my water sensors/batteries. With the old release, each device was paired with the battery.
    After the update, only one is now as Battery Water 6 and Water Sensor - Hot Water Heater. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Robert

EDIT: OK... I must have grouped them with Jon's grouping utility - don't even remember...
    Breaking the groupings looks like things are back to individual devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	jowihue.png Views:	0 Size:	162.6 KB ID:	1334139
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

If you have been using the grouping utility of Jon00, you'd best stop the plugin and remove the individual battery devices. with the restart the plugin will re-add the battery again. But in in the image you posted I am missing the parent devices? Is it a filtered view?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Well... I restored from last night and took a look and I guess I did create parent/child relationships with Jon's grouping. What I'll do tomorrow (ran out of time today) is break those relationships, then do the update. Note, I didn't see any (new) root devices. I'm hoping that the update without the groupings show work ok without deleting/recreating any devices...

Thanks for your help Wim!
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        If you have been using the grouping utility of Jon00, you'd best stop the plugin and remove the individual battery devices. with the restart the plugin will re-add the battery again. But in in the image you posted I am missing the parent devices? Is it a filtered view?

Wim
        Wim,

Ungrouped my devices, stopped/restarted the older version of the plugin, stopped the plugin then updated. All seems fine for the devices. My lights and plugs have root (parent) devices, but the water sensors don't. Is this by design?

Anyway, deleted all sensors and battery devices and the plugin recreated. All looks good.

Robert

Comment

To my surprise, I do see root devices for each sensor - albeit only when I use Jon's Grouping script or review devices via his device information script. Question is, I see the battery devices marked as child when I want to select a parent for grouping - no sensor or sensor root devices. Then the sensor itself as both a parent(root) device and a child device should I wish to add child devices to the root (hope this is clear?). Ideally, I'd like to keep the battery/sensor devices paired as a single device for easy observation on the main device manager page. Is grouping this way going to cause issues with the plugin now or in the future?

Thanks

Robert

Comment

Robert,

The battery devices have been a child connected to the sensors ever since batteries were incorporated in the plugin. Also the plugin was using parent constructions for lights and sensors since the beginning. But the parent device was an 'active' device, that had a function itself. Like the motion device for a multisensor was the parent device itself, or the water sensor was a parent device, holding the battery device.

But with the release of version 2.1.0.0 and higher the parent device is seperated, non functional. This was done so on advice of HST as they predicted that a parent device could hold no functions in the future. And I can confirm that in HS4 the parent device cannot hold any functions anymore.

Using Jon's Grouping script is only ment for (HS3) single devices and should NOT be used on already grouped devices! This can create havoc in plugins. One device can either be a parent or a child, not both! And especially in HS4 you will ruin stuff as there will be no single devices anymore. You cannot use Jon's Grouping utility there.

So please leave the parent child relations as is from the plugin's perspective?

What I do for a quick view on my batteries is that I use the location2 field of the manage devices page as a catergory field. So I can just filter the manage devices view on battery and I can see them all, or even script on them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-23 09_43_46-Huis van Wim en Joy.png
Views:	135
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	1334923

Also, I have seen that there is a plugin available for battery check - which I have to checkout myself still too - SDJ-Health that might help as an alternative as it creates a view on batteries too I believe?

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks Wim. I suspected that the grouping might cause issues going forward - hence the question. I'll leave things as intended.

Robert

EDIT: I sort my devices by "Functional" (Location 2) - so all lights would be for example, under lighting. After lighting I would see devices under "Pond" next, then "Pool" all in alphabetical order.
              However, it doesn't seem to matter if I change the functional of Jowihue to Leak Detectors, sorting doesn't change.
              This doesn't appear right. What am I missing?

Comment

Sorting of the location2 takes place on the root device I believe, so for sorting, you need to change the root device's location 2. Or you can filter on the location2 of course, where you could select the leak sensors?
                -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

It doesn't matter what I do to try to sort the water sensors, they will not sort.

As well, perhaps a dumb question but aside from using Jon's Device Information package, how do you find the root devices of the sensors?
                  The plugs and lights have root devices.

Below, I changed the water sensor functional (location 2) to Leak Detectors and room to Basement, and clearly, it has no impact on the sort order.... I've never seen this behaviour before... Lights and plugs sort fine. Any idea?

Click image for larger version  Name:	jowihue2.png Views:	0 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	1335079

Comment

Do you have a filter actve maybe? Or did you 'hide' the root device? Pressing "Show all" in the right to button and enabling the show hidden devices could solve this?

Here they are showing fine?
                    -- Wim

Comment

Okay, my bad I didn't see or have the ZHAWater root selected in the device type.

Sorry for all the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X