Natural Gas / Propane Leak Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural Gas / Propane Leak Sensor

I recently ordered one of these LPG gas sensors from Amazon and finally got around to joining it to deCONZ tonight. (This appears to be a private label version of the Heiman Gas Leak Detector.)

deCONZ recognized it right away as a gas sensor and JowiHue imported it to Homeseer without issue. Because it is mains powered it also acts as a repeater, and it's a strong repeater. In just a few hours nearly 3 dozen devices have found it and added it to their routing tables.

One downside is the sensor will cover 2 outlets due to the way it is made. I don't know why most engineers fail to take footprint orientation into consideration when designing an outlet device. Somewhere someone has a 6 year degree hanging on the wall (with the proper fastener) that made that possible.

If you are looking for a Natural Gas or Propane (LPG) leak detector and you don't mind giving up 2 outlets, then this will do the job at a reasonable price.

--Barry

Barry,

This is very interesting. Really the first non battery driven sensor for the plugin. Hopw did it create the devices? As single device, or still battery included?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Barry,

This is very interesting. Really the first non battery driven sensor for the plugin. Hopw did it create the devices? As single device, or still battery included?

Wim
      It created it correctly as a single device (without a root device) using the ZHA carbon monoxide GASSensor-EM device type. The JSON string shows battery and tampering fields, but the plugin correctly ignored those. Here is JowiHue tab:

Click image for larger version

Name:	heiman_jowihue.png
Views:	228
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1335257

And here is pic showing all the mesh links created so far:

Name:	deconz_links.png
Views:	207
Size:	580.2 KB
ID:	1335258

The only change I made was the status graphic for alarm condition was for a smoke alarm, so i changed it to this:

Name:	gas_leak.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1335259

Other than that, everything was perfect.

--Barry

Comment

Always nice to see that things work as designed
        I will update the icon in a future version.

Thanks!

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X