Ikea Tradfri Remote Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea Tradfri Remote Usage

I've recently discovered the Tradfri Remote which is better imo than the Hue remotes. But I'm wondering why the on/off button only has a single function whereas the other buttons all have 3 each. Is this a limitation of of hardware?

I don't know the reasoning behind this. IKEA did not add extra functions to the on/off button, not sure if they plan to add it in the future sometime?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I just installed a Tadfri remote and have a couple of questions.

1) am I correct that there is no battery status with this even though the device is created? - it shows 0%. Looking at the root device of the remote, I don't see any battery indication in the JSON. I'm surprised that the battery device was created.

2) My primary purpose was to be able to control the z-wave switch which is inside the back entrance - The one switch in my garage is not in a useful place.
      So I created two events 1 - to turn on the light if the light is off, 2 to turn off the light if it is on. Is creating two events the best way to handle this?
      BTW - I only have the root device and battery devices showing - no switch like device on the device page.
      Dec-01 10:48:03 AM JowiHue Battery device created for sensor In-garage Switch
      Dec-01 10:48:03 AM JowiHue Device TRADFRI remote control renamed to In-garage Switch

On a plus side, this is super fast and I really like this solution - should get high marks on the WAF....

Robert

(using conbee and latest release of plugin)
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Robert,

Updating the battery v alue can take some time before it happens. Battery devices do save battery by having a low report frequency. Sometimes a restart of the plugin helps to update the status too.
        I think two events should do the trick. If you want one event only, you might need a script for it to work.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim. Just checked and the battery device and it has updated as you said...

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
          X