Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ikea bulbs not adding to Conbee2 - help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea bulbs not adding to Conbee2 - help needed.

Hi,

I've got a RPi with a Conbee2, successfully registered with the plugin in HS3.

Trying to add Ikea bulbs (listed in compatibility list). But no luck.

Tried with Phoscon app. Nothing. Then tried with the earlier version of the app... having the Pi right next to the lights. No luck either.

Lights are outside in the driveway.

Do I need to get a Hue Bridge and reset them first? I think I read something like that somewhere. But being outside, the Hue Bridge might struggle.

Any recommendations to help troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Thanks,

You will not need the Hue bridge for this.
    If it is a used light (even in another house), try to switch the power of the lights 5 times on and off. Then start a new search for devices in the configuration page of the plugin. That should do it normally.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim.

That didn't work.

They are brand new Ikea bulbs (1 month old maybe) and never used before.

What's the next step in troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help.

Pete.

Comment

I was wrong, it needs to be powered on and off 6 times, sorry - it was a long time ago I did this.....

When you do this sequence you should see the bulb blinking at the last switch, that is the signal the bulb has been successfully reset. And also do make sure not to use the IKEA remotes to connect? Because then it is no longer searching for the coordinator.

A copy instruction from the internet:

Toggle the power to bulb six times. The bulb should flash once after being turned on the sixth time. You can then start the search and you should see the bulb show up (it may take 10-15 seconds).

Notes:
        • If you have problems resetting the plain white (non-colour) IKEA bulb, try making the "ons" very brief (less than a second) and the "offs" longer
        • You may need to hold the bulb extremely close to the gateway (less than 20cm) in order to get it to pair

Alternatively the method as described for the Philips Hue Bulbs, using the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch is confirmed to work for IKEA bulbs, too.

The last option - using the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch has been working for me too BTW.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks again Wim,

Okay, the 6x reset seems to have worked fine. A blink and couple of dims after the 6th switch.

Then tried to add the light but still no luck.

Could there be a problem of ports (deConz :80) or something else on the RPi side?

Comment

I expect you already some other lights connected or sensors? Otherwise I would start to doubt on the radiochannel of the conbee. Is it near the wifi router maybe? Shifting channels for WIFI and/or Conbee might be an option. On github I have seen reports of others having radio issues having to put the conbee on a extension cable to solve connection issues.

That could be a next step? Maybe IKEA is sensitive to that?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Tried with the 6-switch reset process - I did see the lights flashing on the 6th switch, but then they wouldn't add to Conbee.

So I took one out and began the process inside the house just to try something different - worked like a charm. So I took the remaining bulbs into the house, added them one by one, then put back in the driveway and so far so good.

Why inside it did work and outside it didn't? We'll never know ...

Thanks again for your help Wim.

Comment

So the remark on holding the bulbs near can be true.... to be honest I have my IKEA bulbs within the 5 meter range of the Conbee, so I probably never noticed. Sounds like the IKEA bulbs do not like an indirect connection during pairing then... Will test this with my FLOALT here, it is in the attick and I somehow lost my connecion to it, but never have been patient to reconnect it again. Maybe I need to bring the conbee upstairs to try.....
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X