One bulb, two controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One bulb, two controllers?

I have a bar light with 6 hue bulbs controlled by raspbee/DeConz. All is well. I just realized they can also be controlled by my Hue hub. At one point I paired them to the hue hub to update the firmware and then paired them back to DeConz. However, the hue hub still controls them as well.

I think the hue hub is controlling them directly but I didn't think a device could be paired to two controllers.

Am I misunderstanding something?

No. A Zigbee device can only pair to one controller. Are you sure they got paired back to deCONZ? JowiHue will keep track of which controller they are on.

Comment

Check on the properties/JowiHue tab and check the last updated field and the bridge info there to be sure where the light is connected to?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm back on this and need some help. I have a philips bulb connected to the raspbee that I want to remove from the raspbee and connect to my hue bridge which is also paired up to JH.

Using Phoscon and/or Webapp I don't see it but it keeps popping up in the deConz display. Then it gets added to HS once again. In the process, I can't get the hue app to let the bulb in. Quite frustrating, can someone help?

EDIT
        I got it by manually entering the serial number into the hue app. Whew! But I still wonder why it kept on self adding to deCONZ even though both Phoscon and Webapp said it didn't exist.

Comment

Working...
        X