No announcement yet.

Aqara/Opple two-button switch not added to deConz-jowihue, but controls lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqara/Opple two-button switch not added to deConz-jowihue, but controls lights

Hi all,

Just got a two button scene controller, Aqara/Opple.

Instructions are only in Chinese. Can't find pairing instructions on their website. So I'm trying the typical "press the button" 3 times, 2, or 1, hold it down 10 secs... and so on. It won't pair.

Few hours later, I grab the thing, basically to store it in some drawer, pressed a button and my bathroom lights turn on. Wait, what??

Running deConz headless.

The thing doesn't appear on Phoscon app, or HS3, but it is definitely present.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to bring this thing under control? Or bin it?

Thanks!!

Pete

Pete,

Check this long thread for a discussion on this device.

You might want to be able to VNC into deCONZ to see details on your switch.
    Here is a quote of the last comment in this thread that was posted, which describes what you are seeing (how on earth could one decide on which light it will work if it sends broadcasts?)

The Opple work differently from all other Xiaomi devices, by controlling the lights directly. In addition to that, it sends reports from the server Multistate Input clusters to the coordinator, again without a binding. Somehow deCONZ doesn’t receive or process these, we’re still figuring out why (probably related to the fact that the Opple doesn’t advertise the Multistate Input clusters nor the other endpoints). You still need to create bindings for the client clusters to stop the Opple from broadcasting the commands.

Note that creating bindings isn’t exposed by the REST API. This is internal to the REST API plugin.

So it is still a work in progress, a challenge for deCONZ.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim - thanks for the reply - I had seen the post, but too advanced for me as I'm not a developer. I understand what they're saying, but I can't get hands-on with that sort of stuff.

I'll just get another of my trusty remotec (wave - http://bit.ly/2uLA7gi) scene controller. Bit more expensive but can do 24 scenes. Has a bit of delay but you get used to everything.

What other scene controllers do you know and recommend?

Comment

Is that a zwave controller?

On similar level there is the Philips Hue tap, or the Niko friend of Hue switches. Both not cheap but without battery need (no power at all). Bush Jaeger has some too as far I know.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

As an FYI, I have had one of these in the drawer for a couple of months - a 4 button WXCJKG12LM. It was previously recognised by DeConz. but not by Phoscon, and getting it progressed further was beyond my abilities.

But I tried it again tonight out of interest - added it from Phoscon, and it was recognised as a 2 gang switch!

And in Homeseer, it has at least 4 functions per button, single, double and triple click, and hold. Doesn't have nice syntax about button presses, but a simple number that corresponds to the button, and the number of presses. So dead easy to program.

Very pleased. It is a nice, simple, decent quality switch, that looks good, and now I have 16 functions I can control with it!

Comment

If you have the time for it, could you post the JSON part on the properties of the device, JowiHue tab?
            Also it would be helpful if you have a list of the possible numbers (states) for single/double/triple/hold clicks) for both buttons? I can then try to update the xml file here so the "nice descriptions" will be there in the future?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Sorry just saw this.

And I have since had to reset the Opple after installing HS4, and now it doesn't work.

However, I did make a note of the states reported:
              LED top left

Number format X00Y, where X is button number, and Y is function output

Buttons numbered:
              1 2
              3 4

Functions:
              Single press: 2
              Double press: 4
              Tripple press: 5
              Hold: 1

So, single press button one is: 1002
              Hold button 4 is: 4001

Comment

Working...