Hue Motion Sensor - no log entries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Motion Sensor - no log entries?

I have a couple of the Hue Outdoor Motion Sensors. I was able to discover them no problem, and my events that trigger off them are working properly. However, I noticed there are no log entries in the HS3 log for these at all. I was trying to troubleshoot a motion on/off event, and when I looked in the log, there is nothing for these sensors. The actual device is being correctly updated to Motion/No Motion (and firing events as it should), but why don't I see the motion status changes in the log?

I am running 2.1.0.9 of the JowiHue plugin with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-16_18-43-52.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1363363

I confirmed the device settings do NOT have the option "Do not log commands" selected:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-16_18-45-21.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1363364

What am I missing?
    Attached Files

I do not think you are missing anything. I have seen the same, for lights or, better said, for devices with controls a log is created by HS3.
    For status only devices, like the motion sensor, no log line is created.

Thanks,

Wim.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

w.vuyk would it be possible to add this functionality (log status only device status changes) ?

Comment

Sorry, this is functionality coming from HS3, not from the plugin.
        You can set the tracing option for triggering events in the plugin's configuration page, that is what could help you seeing a motion sensor triggers an event?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Got it - thanks Wim!

Comment

Working...
          X