Static Bridge assignment in Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Bridge assignment in Linux?

Ive convereted over to Linux for my HS server and its running well, but I have a Hue Bridge that I need to add manually, so on Windows i knew the file to edit, adding the IP for the bridge and that always worked.

Hoping that someone knows how to do this when running on Linux? I checked a few files in the Homesser directory, but I dont see it anywhere?

In the documentation f the plugin, you will find this:
    Troubleshooting a bridge that cannot be found by the plugin

When a bridge is not found by the plugin, you should check a few things first:
    • Can you ping the bridge from the HS3 machine?
    • Make sure the bridge is not on a different subnet or VLAN from the HS3 server.
    • Is the plugin allowed access through the windows firewall, if the plugin is installed on windows? Easiest way to check this is temporarily disabling the windows firewall and restarting the plugin. If the plugin starts working now, make sure to enable the HSPI_JowiHue.exe file for access through the firewall. Normally this is asked with a windows popup at the first start of the plugin.
    • Is UNPNP allowed in your router? Most modern routers allow UPNP by default, but it is alway good to check.
    • For deCONZ gateways it is known that performing a gateway reset can help out to make it visible to the plugin
    • If all of the above are good, but the bridge is still not visible for the plugin then follow the next steps:

To do this you should let the plugin run and create an INI file in the <HS install directory>\config and name it JowiHue.ini. In this file add the following lines:
    [Bridge] Ipaddress=<ip of bridge>
    The plugin is scanning for new bridges every two minutes. When it starts scanning, it will also check this file. If present, it will check on the mentioned IP address if there is a bridge available. if it is, it will enable registering the bridge on the configuration page and clear the file again. If the plugin is restarted without registration, this step needs to be redone.

The JowiHue ini file is not standard preset, you will have to create it.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I used to do this on Windows, but I didnt think you used the same setup for Linux? So I did create the file in the Homeseer/Config directory but the plugin never picks up the bridge, nor does it ever clear the file out.

Comment

Are you sure you named the file JowiHue.ini (case sensitive?). It should just work. It might not really remove the file, but there will be a line logged in the HS3 log, and the files should at least be empty.
        Also check the rights on the file, The user HomeSeer is running on should have access.

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Sorry, should have mentioned Im running the legacy plugin on HS4. But The file is correct, even did a chmod 777 just in case:

Path: /home/pi/HomeSeer/Config

-rwxrwxrwx 1 homeseer homeseer 61 Feb 27 11:25 JowiHue.ini Owner was pi, same issue.

Contains:
          [Bridge]
          Ipaddress=w.x.y.z
          [Setting]
          DumpEnabled=False

The Setting part was not added by me, must have by HS or the plugin?

Logs show the scan for bridges but nothiing found:
          11:35:21.1636610 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) Debug: Start Scan for bridges 2/27/2020 11:35:21 AM
          11:35:21.1635380 -- (AddBridges.GetResponse) 0
          11:35:21.1688860 -- (HSPI.PostBackProc) Returning response: 0
          11:35:23.7187550 -- (BridgeApi.GetJsonCommand) Sendrequest took 314 millisconds Thread: 0
          11:35:28.7436370 -- (BridgeApi.GetJsonCommand) Sendrequest took 339 millisconds Thread: 0
          11:35:31.1659010 -- (UPNP.UDPListener) 25 blocks found to process
          11:35:31.1696840 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) Debug: End search for bridges

Anything look incorrect??

Comment

This line:

Code:
            11:35:21.1688860 -- (HSPI.PostBackProc) Returning response: 0
            is telling me you are not running the "legacy" plugin. You are running the beta version of the HS4 plugin.
            The old version would be the 2.1.0.9, You are now using a version 4.0.0.xx, which is not yet production ready in my opinion?

For the new plugin searching a bridge based on IP is still on the to do list and will probably be implemented differently.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Ah! That helps! I just installed 2.1.0.9 - There are two in the main plugin section on the page and only one was labeled Beta, the other has no label and I thought it was the older one. Now that I have the legacy plugin installed it sees the manual bridge. Thanks!

Comment

Great
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X