Hue Bulb no longer a repeater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Bulb no longer a repeater

I removed a bulb from Philips bridge and added to raspbee because I needed a repeater. It used to be that devices closer to the bulb would bridge through the bulb, but as you can see, the bulb is just connected to the raspbee. Is this because a bunch of lines aren't being drawn or the hue bulb is no longer acting as a repeater?

How do I tell?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 03-03-20 at 02.34 PM.PNG
Views:	740
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	1367815

Many battery devices, especially from Xiaomi/Aqara, will not easily change to another router/repeater once they have a connection. Even when this connection leaves the network, they will stubbornly try to find the original router or coordinator.
    Nothing to worry about, over time they might connect to the Hue bulb. If you want it earlier, you can do a search for new devices and reset the sensor (do not remove anything!). This will refresh the devices conections.
    But looking at your deconz connections, all lines are green, which is very good, no need yet to enforce anything?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Many battery devices, especially from Xiaomi/Aqara, will not easily change to another router/repeater once they have a connection. Even when this connection leaves the network, they will stubbornly try to find the original router or coordinator.
      I think that's why the Xiaomi/Aqara sensors have such good battery life: They wake up, send their communication to the router/coordinator of record and go right back to sleep. I'm not sure they hang out long enough for confirmation to come back from the mother ship. They definitely don't stay awake long enough to re-optimize their route or scan for nearby network changes. On the other hand, 5 years of battery life looks very doable for the devices I have. That's pretty impressive.

--Barry

Comment

I move the missing sensors very close to the bulb and searched for new devices, everything is working fine once again. Thanks to w.vuyk and all the people on this forum.

One more question: in the process of removing a light from raspbee that I eventually brought back to raspbee somehow the Raspbee itself shows up as a light. It is also obviously the gateway. Can I delete the light and not mess things up? I think that's where I get an orphan in the HS3 listing.

Name:	Screen Shot 03-04-20 at 03.33 PM 001.PNG
Views:	620
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1367990

Name:	Screen Shot 03-04-20 at 03.34 PM.PNG
Views:	595
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1367991

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          I move the missing sensors very close to the bulb and searched for new devices, everything is working fine once again. Thanks to w.vuyk and all the people on this forum.

One more question: in the process of removing a light from raspbee that I eventually brought back to raspbee somehow the Raspbee itself shows up as a light. It is also obviously the gateway. Can I delete the light and not mess things up? I think that's where I get an orphan in the HS3 listing.
          I had the very same issue... It seems to be a bug that was introduced with deCONZ versions 2.05.73/74. I rolled back to verson .71 and the problem went away. I also deleted the bulb causing the issue without causing any problem with the controller.

--Barry

Comment

Hmm, I just backed up the controller and when I deleted the light, both the web page and DeConz crashed and closed. Twice. I too rolled back to .71

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              Hmm, I just backed up the controller and when I deleted the light, both the web page and DeConz crashed and closed.
              Yep, exactly the same behavior for me. I'm not having any issues with .71.

--Barry

Comment

I have made an update to the plugin to ignore these types of lights. The 'light' for the coordinator (Conbee/Raspbee) is created intentionally as there are possibilities to use another deCONZ installation as router. Same as the repeater of IKEA, those are made visible in the REST API.

The developers think it is needed to have these devices visible, although there is nothing to control with these 'dummy' devices.
                The plugin will ignore those devices starting with the next version of the plugin (>2.1.0.9). I cannot yet fully predict when this new version will be available, hoping within three weeks from now.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                X