Animation Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animation Crash

I am trying to run heartbeat animation on group of hue strips and after start it would lag pretty bad but eventually it would start throwing endless string of :
    Apr-03 21:50:55 JowiHue Warning: SendJsonCommand unexpected reply from bridge: Internal error
    Apr-03 21:50:54 JowiHue Warning: SendJsonCommand unexpected reply from bridge: Internal error
    Apr-03 21:50:53 JowiHue Warning: SendJsonCommand unexpected reply from bridge: Internal error
    Apr-03 21:50:52 JowiHue Animation Heartbeat Animation Finished
    Apr-03 21:50:50 JowiHue Warning: SendJsonCommand unexpected reply from bridge: Internal error
    Apr-03 21:50:49 JowiHue Warning: SendJsonCommand unexpected reply from bridge: Internal error

It seems to be working fine on single strip but group of the others are really bad. any help, please?
    let me know if you need detailed log, etc.

thanks!!

I think the timing of your animation needs to be checked here. Without knowing the contents of your animation, you have to realise that if you use very short waits in the animations and are controling groups that this can result in the errors you are seeing.
    A wait of 1 in the animation is a light change of 0.1 second before the next step will be executed.
    Philips has explained about the speed of commands in the past that a light command can take 0.1 second per command. That is why the wait time for animations have 1/10th of a second as minimum.
    For groups it is quite a different story. Technically sending a comand to 4 lights would take 0.4 second. It would be noticable to see the lights go on, each 0.1 second after the other. When controling a group, the bridge will send one command as a broadcast, where each light being part of the group accepts the comand. Because of this all lights inside the same group would respond at the same time. But becuase of this, Philips explained that a group command can take up to 1 second before finishing.

If you use very short waits for sending commands to (multiple) groups, you will see this error as the bridge is seeing a flood. In this case raise the wait time. In my experience waits of 0.5 seconds for groups are doing pretty well for me. But it all depends on the number groups you are trying to control at the same time. Play with those waits to tune the animation.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Yes, it is is very short time so it explains all those crashes ... i will try to play with the time a little but was hoping to get as close the the heartbeat as possible.
      I tried to break the group (5 of 16FT strips) and set up the animation for each light instead of a group but it creates additional "wave" since the signal is send to each strip one after another ... I still see a little lag so it does not work that great but at least it does not crashes. Here are my settings.

Comment

Working...
      X