Aqara sensors not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqara sensors not updating

Hi... I am always able to add aqara sensors pretty easily to jowihue. And the read data the first time just fine, but I don't get updates from them after that. If I push the button on the sensor and try to re-add it, again it works fine, but no updates afterwards. When I look at the connectivity graph in deconz, there are lines between the conbee II and the bulbs, switches and repeaters, but not to any of the sensors.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks!
    mike

Did you try restarting the plugin after adding an sensor? Some other users saw similar situation, but it resolved after a restart. As if the plugin missed adding the new sensor to the queues somehow.

Not all sensors show the line connection to its router. Some do some do not. Aqara seems to miss the lines often, also here. Nothing wrong but is does not show the quality of the connection then. It is best to create the connection to deCONZ while having the sensor on the spot where you are using it, so it will find a nearby router. Do not connect it close to the ConBee and then put it on the other side of the house for example?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim, I always place the sensor first and then add it, as I don't have any other way to tell if I am in range of a router... In fact, I usually try and the sensors if I move any of the switches around, just to make sure they aren't tied to a router that they can't talk to.

I am pretty sure I restarted the plugin, in fact, one of the sensors is actually seeming to be updating. It was the last one I added. But I just restarted the plugin.

When in deconz, I can usually click on the circle and get some response from a senor, though one of them fails to do that even though it paired fine and was added by both deconz and the plugin.

Any other ideas?

Thx
      mike

Comment

If you click the sensor in deCONZ, does it have the standard two circles? Does it have a standard name, or a 0xnnnn naming?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim, all but one of them have the 2 standard circles. And none have an 0xNnnn name.

Thx
          mike

Comment

Also, it's interesting that in the graph, every Ikea bulb or Peanut switch seem to talk directly to the conbee, and not mesh with each other (even two bulbs that are 3 feet away from each other in table lamps!). 2 of the ikea bulbs (that are outside) work fine, but don't even show up with a line to the gateway.

Is there something that would cause the meshing to turn off?

Comment

Not that I know of. But the Ikea bulbs are known for some issues, Check here on github, it is a very long thread about disconnects with Ikea lights. I am only using one Ikea light so cannot speak of experiance in this area.
              I don't know if thare would be a way to break the mesh... there is no setting or something similar that I know of.

As for the sensor that is not conected correctly in deCONZ, all that I could suggest is to reset it again... maybe it is a faulty device?
              -- Wim

Comment

So these aqara sensors are very odd. I added a set of vibration sensors last night to my garbage and recycling can lids (always good to know if they have been put out, or if someone opened the lid of the can sitting in the street before they are picked up).

Unlike the case of the temp sensors, These sensors seem to be reporting in when things are happening, or at least the root device indicates an update. But the thing is, even after I have brought them in, the vibration and position data elements generally aren't updating. Is there a sensitivity setting on these?

Both cans were picked up earlier and then put away at the same time this morning. Both sensors root devices updated when they were put away. One sensor didn't show any sensor inputs since they were added, but another did respond when they were put away.

Why are they not updating, and why does sometimes one sensor update and another not. In this case the cans were all right next to each other, so I don't think it's a network reachability problem.

I would show you the readings, but the forum doesn't seem to let me cut and paste the images from the webpage - something about too many images...

Comment

Working...
                X