Unable to connect the bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect the bridge

I removed the bridge from the plug-in but when I try to add it back nothing happens. I receive a message as per the screenshot, and the logs state "Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started" but nothing further occurs. I've tried disabling/enabling and removing/installing the plug-in to no avail. Any suggestions is appreciated!

Edit: Additional info populated in the log -
    Apr-16 3:41:23 PM JowiHue Error: 'Imports' is expected file:///usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/JowiHueImports.xml Line 1145, position 4.
    Apr-16 3:41:23 PM JowiHue Importing lampTypes
    Apr-16 3:40:29 PM JowiHue Error: (BuildTabScenes)::creativity:Array index is out of range.
    Apr-16 3:40:00 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Attached Files

If it is a Hue bridge then did you press the button on top of the bridge after you initiated the search for bridges?

Comment

You're right, and that's what I had to do the first time, but I'm not being prompted for it this time around. Tried pressing it regardless and still having issue pairing Hue with homseer through the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite View Post
        You're right, and that's what I had to do the first time, but I'm not being prompted for it this time around. Tried pressing it regardless and still having issue pairing Hue with homseer through the plugin
        I would try restarting the plugin and see if it shows to press the button. I would also maybe recycle power to the bridge and wait for it to have all 3 leds on top lit before you restart the plugin.

I guess if you are going to go that far.
        1. reboot modem
        2. recycle power to hue bridge
        3. restart plugin

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I would try restarting the plugin and see if it shows to press the button. I would also maybe recycle power to the bridge and wait for it to have all 3 leds on top lit before you restart the plugin.

I guess if you are going to go that far.
          1. reboot modem
          2. recycle power to hue bridge
          3. restart plugin
          Thanks for the suggestion. I followed your exact order of operations just now but still no luck. Here is what the log is saying:

Attached Files

Comment

After reading the log I see you use Linux. This issue will have to be looked into by Wim w.vuyk or someone who might have had this issue using Linux. I have no knowledge of Linux, sorry. Is this HS3 or HS4? I thought I read another thread about having an issue with HS4 and Jowihue. I am using HS3 and have not encountered that problem.

Comment

No problem, I appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite View Post
                No problem, I appreciate your help.
                I just read the main thread on HS4 and Jowihue and Wim mentioned updating to 4.0.0.19. Something about a .net or Mono issue. Then he mentions refreshing .net. ??

I found this link. This is all I can find.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...73#post1367773

Saw this and wondered if it would work for your situation.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...66#post1378366

Comment

Hm, not sure how much of it applies as I'm on HS3 not 4, but I did ping from the machine just fine. Also I assume everything else regarding the Network should be correct since it was working before I removed the bridge, but not sure why all the problems now that I'm trying to relink the bridge.

I'm not sure about adding the bridge IP in the add new bridge page. The only option I see is the "Start Scan" button on the Configuration page.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I may have solved the problem by creating the INI file manually (that's the part I wasn't fully understanding but managed to get to the right location in Linux and wrote the IP within the text).

Thanks again.

I'm still getting this Log error and the Hue devices that now finally appear in Homeseer don't actually control any of the lights.

Error: 'Imports' is expected file:///usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/JowiHueImports.xml Line 1145, position 4.

AND

Warning: JowiHue Plugin is not yet in ready state. Command not executed, please resend after initialisation finished

Comment

This log error has slipped in with the last update. Please check this thread for a solution,
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                      X