Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update to Win 10 1909 and Conbee not recognized (NOT a Jowihue issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to Win 10 1909 and Conbee not recognized (NOT a Jowihue issue)

I know this is NOT a Jowihue issue but it is the best place I knew to ask.

I updated from Win 10 build 1809 to build 1909. It hosed parts of my user profile, but I was able to rebuild that. Turns out that is a common issue.

The only remaining problem I have is that deCONZ does not recognize the Conbee-1.
    I have reinstalled, no luck. deConz loads but does not see a gateway, nothing in the dropdown box, even after refreshing.
    Tried multiple USB ports.
    If I go to device manager I can see the USB device tree rescan on insert/removal.

My gut is telling me its a USB driver issue. Reinstalling deCONZ did not resolve it.

I have googled it but no joy, maybe my google-fu is off today.
    Has anyone seen this, or heard of it?
    Any insight?

Thanks in advance.
    Mike
    (whose wife is not happy about losing her Zigbee remotes)

You haven't added any other USB devices have you? I ran into some trouble with having too many USB drives connected. The underlying USB subsystem on a NUC won't support as many USB devices as I had connected. I was consolidating data from multiple external drives and getting really oddball USB error messages.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
      You haven't added any other USB devices have you? I ran into some trouble with having too many USB drives connected. The underlying USB subsystem on a NUC won't support as many USB devices as I had connected. I was consolidating data from multiple external drives and getting really oddball USB error messages.
      No new USB, exact same config. In fact I even tried disconnecting the only other USB device, just in case.

I sent an email to 'support@dresden-elektronik.de' last Sunday, but no response yet.

Comment

Is there any other avenue of support for deConz other than 'support@dresden-elektronik.de'?

Its been 10 days now and no response. Not having any zigbee is crippling my Automation.

Comment

Backup 'yer system and then https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2019/11/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-1909.html ?
          HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
          Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
          Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
          Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
          Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
          Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
            That is what I ended up having to do as I never got a response from Dresden, Google didnt reveal any solutions.
            The procedure you linked wouldnt work because Windows said it wouldnt allow it after 10 days, probably deleted the restore point automatically.
            I restored a backup from 3 weeks ago, that did the trick. Zigbee (ie Conbee) is working now.

Its a shame, because other than the Conbee not working, Windows v1909 seemed a lot more stable than v1809 that I was (and am now) running.

Comment

Mike,

I don't use the Conbee but were you running the latest deCONZ software when you were on Windows 1909?
              https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/2194 which refers to http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/win (latest is v2.05.75 23-Mar-2020) which I am only presuming includes USB drivers?
              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Sorry for my late reply. I had to focus on sickness in the family and had no time or energy to be on the forum lately.

I have a ConBee 2 here and Win 1909 running without issues so far... it is different from the ConBee 1 but that would surprise me? On the github there is no indication that the device is not supported or recognized on Windows specificly....

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I just had this issue and it's because the driver signature for the Conbee II has expired.

A quick and easy workaround is to set your computer date back to early Feb 2020 and reinstall the driver.

https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/2930

Comment

Are you running on Windows 7? Windows 10 should install the driver out of its own library?
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by mattyman View Post
                      I just had this issue and it's because the driver signature for the Conbee II has expired.

A quick and easy workaround is to set your computer date back to early Feb 2020 and reinstall the driver.

https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/2930
                      Made an account on here to say thanks to mattyman. That solved my issue (changing the date), thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X