Outside Lights - How to do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside Lights - How to do this

Hi Wim, I'm trying to use your plugin to the full prudential, so please bear with me for a little while until I have it fully setup. I have several questions but I will open different posts for it later on.

Currently I have three outside lights, two next to the garage and the other next to the backdoor. As you may remember, I created a scene which at sunset does animation. The current issue is that the backdoor light has also been used for alert purposes so during the day it goes on or off by another event. How do I continue the sunset animation with that lamp after the light had been turned off by the alarm?

If you open the options arrow on an animation, you will see an option "Continue after other HUE command" this will make sure the animation will continue.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim, that option was set and when I tested last night the light remained off. I think it when back on at the next step. How do I return that light to follow the others right away?
      Attached Files

Comment

I guess you are right, the animation will only kick in again at the next step in the animation and then set the lights accordingly. Would adding a JowiHue action "Dim running animation" to the alarm off event with any realistic value in it help you? Cannot test for the next two days, so am not yet sure if it works out this way. I expect it does.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thank you for the offer, I think I have found a workout, I'm using easy trigger, to copy the garage left values to the backdoor when the backdoor is turned off. I will test it tonight.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The suggestion I made is no change in the plugin, but would be a extra action in the alarm even, with an JowiHue action. No need for easytrigger then...
            Although I am a but jealous as this easytrigger function is not working with EU settings.....
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X