Group of lights in the same room do not have same value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group of lights in the same room do not have same value

Wim, another question and hopefully the last for a little while. It looks like that the lights in the room are not in sync color wise. Not sure if you can see from the pictures below, when I select the group, the two lights have the same value but the backdoor has something different.

The two screens are the before and after running the group. As you can see two lights had a value of 254 while the backroom to 50
    Attached Files

I would need to know the scenes and the animation as well. Are scenes assigned to all three lights at the same time, or is the animation calling an extra scene for the backdoor light?

For sure something is wrong here. With a relative dim of 60% the outside garage should never be 254, but somewhere around 150 or so.
    Could you post the details on scenes and animation?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim, So sorry to be a pain in the .....
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, bit confused still here. The Outside Backroom Room is a group. As I see this, this backgroup is going through several steps in brightness, without color changes. In your first post you showed the Back door Light being 50% which might happen as you started the animation with a relative dim setting.

But what I do not yet know is if the Back door light is a member of the Outside Backroom Room group, and also if the other lights you posted are also members of this same group.
        I wil review the handling of relative dim in animations as I assume all the lights you posted are member of this group, or - which would be logical in the above results - the back door light is not part of this group and relative dim is not working at all....

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Ok, bit confused still here. The Outside Backroom Room is a group. As I see this, this backgroup is going through several steps in brightness, without color changes. In your first post you showed the Back door Light being 50% which might happen as you started the animation with a relative dim setting.

But what I do not yet know is if the Back door light is a member of the Outside Backroom Room group, and also if the other lights you posted are also members of this same group.
          I wil review the handling of relative dim in animations as I assume all the lights you posted are member of this group, or - which would be logical in the above results - the back door light is not part of this group and relative dim is not working at all....

Wim
          Hi Wim, few posts above I have posted the group with the lights in it, please let me know if you need more info from me.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Wim, not sure you had a chance to check below. I tried every possible combination to make it to work. For some reason there is some kind of magic happening in the background that I can not explain. Let me summarize what I have so far. I have 3 lights, they all belong to the same group. One of these lights, I use for alerts, so if the door is left open, it changes to a different color until the door is closed. As you made it aware, after the alert, the light will not go back into animation with the other lights until the next animation starts. So I used Easy trigger, it seems to be working by copying the hue/sat/ct from the other light but for some reason the plugin changes these values after few seconds. At this point I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have checked responses on group devices here and cannot copy your issues, if I set a group device all lights are set to similar values. It does not show differences when controlled by device control, scene or animation. Gone al trhough this, but there is nothing wrong with the control in this area. I do think you have another event that triggers for you for some reason.
              You could try enabling the event action tracing in the configuration page. Then while the animation is running - or after the alert has been triggered - check the HS3 log for event action logging of the plugin to see which events might reset the light again?

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim, I appreciate you continuing helping me with this. So this is my challenge, sorry to be repetitive. One light is part of the group and animation and is also being used for alerts. The challenge is making this light part of the animation again when the alert is off. Currently but open to ideas, because of this limitation, I have to use Easytrigger to "Copy" the values from the other light into this light. Unfortunately, the plugin react to it and changes the values to something else (see picture on the above post)
                There are three events, one for when the door is open during the day with a blue color, the night event (currently disabled) will set the light to a different color so I can tell that there is an alert going on at that time. The other event is when I try to get it back to the animation with the other lights.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think you are looking at the last event really? One thing I notice in this event is that you send two consecutive commands to the back door light. Both steps will be send in the same second. And if the first command uses the default transitiontime ( I bet ya) it gets killed by the second command. Why would you not send the last command only? The yellow whit command will only disturb commands in progress here?

Not sure if this is the cause of your issue, but in common sending two command in one event to the same device can cause issue. Another alternative would be delaying the second command (after waiting).

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

The second command set device backroom to garage right is to set the right luminosity so I kind of know which animation is it running. So I set the device to yellow and then I use the garage value to set the right value to the backdoor device

Comment

Just remove it if you use the easytrigger to set the device to the values of another device? The commands follow each other to quickly. This will confuse the bridge? or take a 2 second delay, whatever you like
                      -- Wim

Comment

Thank you Wim, will do.

Thanks for the continued support with this plug in.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X