HS4 plugin upgrade path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 plugin upgrade path

I'm thinking about buying the HS4 version of the plugin - Will there be a sticky/guide soon regarding the upgrade process?

Oh, I think theres already something in the beta forum - sorry.

Comment

Make sure to buy the upgrade and not the full price? HST has hidden the upgrade plan in the help function of the shop, just to make sure you do not overpay ok?
      I think you are right, there should be a upgrade guide. Will work on that soon, Basically if you implement the upgrade, the HS4 version will convert the devices and events on the flight.

There are a few things to be aware of:
      • Single devices like white only lights or plugs without power measurements will be converted to a (old parent) Device with one Feature. Events adressing the single device, need to be updated by hand to address the Feature instead of the Device.
      • The ON/OFF devices in HS3 were holding many buttons. In HS4 in the tile view of deivces, the number of buttons is limited. So during conversion an "Extra" feature is created that hold the surplus buttons of the ON/OFF device. You will need to update eventual events that address the ON/OFF feature directly on the device. Move Alert/Blink/Colourloop actions to the Extra device. Once you have updated all events using these device action you will be enabled to update a setting (to be developed still) to remove all the extra buttons from all light devices.
      • There is no way back after the new plugin has ran. Devices are updated and the old plugin won't be able to recognise them. The same goes for events. So please, have a backup in place?
      Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I just bought the full version, never saw the upgrade price (?)
        Anything you can do?

Comment

Sorry, I cannot change that from here. Please contact HomeSeer support for this as they handle the licensing stuff for the plugin. Explain you have a existing HS3 plugin license and you needed to buy the upgrade and not a new full license. There is a 60% difference in price there, so you should get money back,

I have contacted HST on the hidden location for upgrading plugin. I do hope they will move it to a more visible location for users to find it.

Thanks,

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

lurendrejer

I got confirmation from HST that they will make it more clear in the store how upgrades can be purchased, down to the plugin selling page. This should become active next Monday.
            Did you already send a mail to support@homeseer.com? I have mentioned this topic so I think they are now just waiting for your mail to correct it?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk Yes, got a full refund and upgraded instead. Thank you for the advice

Comment

Great!!!
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X