Basic question about plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic question about plugin

What are the high level differences between this plugin and the native HS Zigbee plugin? I’m assuming this plugin supports more protocols/devices? Just asking as I would like to add some Zigbee devices. Thx!

The HA Zigbee plugin requires an Osram Hub, i once used it, it is very limited to support very few devices and is cloud to cloud. the HS Philips Huie plugin is probably the next nearest plugin. I use Jowie hue because not only does it support the Philips hue hub very well, it also supports deCONZ with a USB Conbee Zigbee stick, so requires no external hubs and supports far more hardware than others, including some cheap chinese zigbee sensors

Comment

This plugin supports both Philips Hue bridges and deCONZ (ConBee and RaspBee) gateways. This can be used in any combination and number (depending on the used hardware for HS to run on. With the Philips Hue bridge you can use may types of lights as long the light supports Zigbee 3 protocols. You als can use several types of switches and sensors as long they comply to the "Friends of Hue program"

On the deCONZ gateways many lights, sensors and switches are supported. A list can be found on this link, but this list is already larger then mentioned. New devices are added very frequently. Because deCONZ is using webhooks, the response on sensors and switches is faster then the Philips Hue bridges as those need to be polled to get the changes.

Als the plugin supports scenes and animation, combined over al types of bridges. The HS4 version of the plugin has also support for the Philips Hue HDMI Sync box.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Great information. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        X