Hue bulb dim to 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue bulb dim to 99

Hi, I have one Philips Hue and one Ikea Trådfri bulb that is included in the Hue v2 bridge. When I set them to ON or any value above 99 manually or from an event, HS3 immediately sets the value down to 99 (39%). The same happens when operated directly from the Hue app. If I disable the JowiHue plugin the bulbs stays at any value set. Has been like this for the last couple of months, before that they operated normally. Has deleted and reincluded. Other bulbs on the Hue bridge operate as they should.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yttergang.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1444665

Any idea why this happens?

Can you check the configuration page, is use percentage instead of light enabled or disabled? can you change this setting, wait 10 seconds and set it back to its original value?
    It looks like the plugin thinks it should display percentage but if confused when the value comes from the bridge. Resetting this option might correct the settings.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Can you check the configuration page, is use percentage instead of light enabled or disabled? can you change this setting, wait 10 seconds and set it back to its original value?
      Hi Wim, thanks for reaching out. Use percentage is disabled in my configuration. I tried to enable it, then the light goes to 99% and stays there. After waiting a while I disabled it, then the light goes back to autodim to 99 (39%). It seems the Hue bulb is back to normal, it is the Ikea bulb that is consistent in it`s (wrong) behaviour.

On a side note; when I navigate to Bridge maintenance and open Lights on Bridge, noone is showing. I can see them under Groups, however Groups All Lights is also empty. Don`t know if this is related, but I thought I should mention it as it also is a deviation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skjermbilde.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	1445362

Comment

Also just noticed; when Use percentage is enabled and an event set the bulb to On or 100%, it also immediately dims to 99%.

Comment

I just did a more comprehensive reset of my setup deleting a lot more units from HS3, and then restarted the plugin. After recreation it first seemed to be back to normal again, but after a couple of minutes both the Ikea and the Hue bulb reverted autodimming to 99.

Comment

I wonder if here is an error shown in your configuration. Could you send me a detailed trace, following these steps:
            1. Enable detailed logging and log to file options in the configuration page.
            2. Stop and start the plugin, so I can see the start of the plugin
            3. Let the plugin start and then control the two bulbs. (all other lights on the same bridge are doing fine still?)
            4. After you see the value going back to 99%, disable the detailed logging and log to file options
            5. Send me the log (JowiHue.log in the \Logs subdirectory of HS3)
            Send the log to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
            X