X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zguy
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Looking at the development site for this thermostat, I am unsure if the thermostat is fully supported. Check this link for more info on the development
    If the REST API is not showing the thermostat, I am pretty sure the model is either different or my feeling is true, it is not correctly supported yet.
    I've put in a bug report on the REST-API: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/4101

I didn't put a request for new device. From what I can see on the Pi, I believe everything is right on that front. But I did join the device info from deCONZ in the bug report.

G.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Looking at the development site for this thermostat, I am unsure if the thermostat is fully supported. Check this link for more info on the development
    If the REST API is not showing the thermostat, I am pretty sure the model is either different or my feeling is true, it is not correctly supported yet.

You can put a request for a new device for this theromostat at https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...nz-rest-plugin. You will nee to provide the cluster info from deCONZ (images). Be sure to follow the requested format when requesting the thermostat device as they are strict on getting all info needed.

I will be monitoring the change as well and if needed jump in. The plugin does support thermostats (2 models tested so far) and if your thermostat does not function in the plugin yet once the devs have added the device we can get it to work.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• zguy
    started a topic Unable to get Zigbee thermostat recognized

Unable to get Zigbee thermostat recognized

Hi,

I'll try to make this not too long as much as possible. Few weeks ago, I had an issue with setting up a Z-Net with HS4 and learned this device is a Raspberry Pi. I just became very interested in those little beasts which allowed me to find the deCONZ RaspBee gateway. A few more search and discovered the JowiHue plugin supported that gateway. Wow! 2 years after installing heated floors in my house, and stucked with internet dependant Zigbee thermostats (I'm still searching for Z-Wave thermostats with NTC sensor that would work with HS) I could see a possibility to control them with HS.

I first made sure deCONZ supported my thermostats, Sinopé TH1300ZB. They are: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/1289

So, got the kit, put it together, setup a fixed IP, update firmware, etc. I was then able to pair one of the thermostat to deCONZ and it has most of the characteristics seen in the link above. That's when progress kinda stopped. The Phoscon app does not seem to be able to add or see thermostats. Looks like it only supports lights, switches and sensors.

The 'general.xml' file in /usr/share/deCONZ/zcl does reference the TH1300ZB, which is probably why I was able to pair one. So I turned to the plugin, installed it in HS4. It discovered the RaspBee 2 on the first shot, almost instantaneously. Scanned for devices, no thermostat. HS4 does show the deCONZ controller as well as the plugin 'All Lights', but that's it.

Searched a bit more and found the REST api doc implemented in deCONZ. I can talk to it no problem. But it doesn't see the thermostat either. Jowi will confirm, but I'm guessing the plugin talks to the REST api, probably the same for the Phoscon app.

I must have missed something somewhere, most likely a simple stupid thing. I realize this is more a deCONZ than a Jowi plugin issue but I haven't been able to find a forum related to deCONZ

So, the question is what did I missed and how do I get the REST api and the Jowi plugin to see and talk to the thermostat?

I look forward to using the Jowi plugin and buy it before the trial period ends. It tells me there is 23 days left on the trial.

Thanks,

G.

Working...
X