Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get Zigbee thermostat recognized

Hi,

I'll try to make this not too long as much as possible. Few weeks ago, I had an issue with setting up a Z-Net with HS4 and learned this device is a Raspberry Pi. I just became very interested in those little beasts which allowed me to find the deCONZ RaspBee gateway. A few more search and discovered the JowiHue plugin supported that gateway. Wow! 2 years after installing heated floors in my house, and stucked with internet dependant Zigbee thermostats (I'm still searching for Z-Wave thermostats with NTC sensor that would work with HS) I could see a possibility to control them with HS.

I first made sure deCONZ supported my thermostats, Sinopé TH1300ZB. They are: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/1289

So, got the kit, put it together, setup a fixed IP, update firmware, etc. I was then able to pair one of the thermostat to deCONZ and it has most of the characteristics seen in the link above. That's when progress kinda stopped. The Phoscon app does not seem to be able to add or see thermostats. Looks like it only supports lights, switches and sensors.

The 'general.xml' file in /usr/share/deCONZ/zcl does reference the TH1300ZB, which is probably why I was able to pair one. So I turned to the plugin, installed it in HS4. It discovered the RaspBee 2 on the first shot, almost instantaneously. Scanned for devices, no thermostat. HS4 does show the deCONZ controller as well as the plugin 'All Lights', but that's it.

Searched a bit more and found the REST api doc implemented in deCONZ. I can talk to it no problem. But it doesn't see the thermostat either. Jowi will confirm, but I'm guessing the plugin talks to the REST api, probably the same for the Phoscon app.

I must have missed something somewhere, most likely a simple stupid thing. I realize this is more a deCONZ than a Jowi plugin issue but I haven't been able to find a forum related to deCONZ

So, the question is what did I missed and how do I get the REST api and the Jowi plugin to see and talk to the thermostat?

I look forward to using the Jowi plugin and buy it before the trial period ends. It tells me there is 23 days left on the trial.

Thanks,

G.

Looking at the development site for this thermostat, I am unsure if the thermostat is fully supported. Check this link for more info on the development
    If the REST API is not showing the thermostat, I am pretty sure the model is either different or my feeling is true, it is not correctly supported yet.

You can put a request for a new device for this theromostat at https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...nz-rest-plugin. You will nee to provide the cluster info from deCONZ (images). Be sure to follow the requested format when requesting the thermostat device as they are strict on getting all info needed.

I will be monitoring the change as well and if needed jump in. The plugin does support thermostats (2 models tested so far) and if your thermostat does not function in the plugin yet once the devs have added the device we can get it to work.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Looking at the development site for this thermostat, I am unsure if the thermostat is fully supported. Check this link for more info on the development
      If the REST API is not showing the thermostat, I am pretty sure the model is either different or my feeling is true, it is not correctly supported yet.
      I've put in a bug report on the REST-API: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/4101

I didn't put a request for new device. From what I can see on the Pi, I believe everything is right on that front. But I did join the device info from deCONZ in the bug report.

G.

Comment

They will want to see all the clusters, especially the basic cluster. Do not forget to do a read on the cluster? We'll see what happens from here
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It appears the clusters (now that I know what and where they are) can't be read. Hitting the read buttons in the clusters doesn't do any thing on the thermostat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	1445432

The left bar is always yellow and the light right beside always grey on the thermostat. That's different from the RaspBee above on which the left bar is always blue and and the light is flashing blue. On the RaspBee I get responses when hitting the clusters read button.

I'm beginning to think there is a communication issue.

Attached Files

Comment

zguy you're misinterpreting what those colors indicate.

On the deconz zigbee connection map, a blue bar indicates the network controller. In general there is usually only one.
            Yellow indicates a routing node, these are usually devices that are always powered on.
            Gray indicates endpoint nodes, these are usually battery powered devices. Since they "sleep' until they are ready to send data, they can not be
            routers.

The strength of the signal connection is indicated by the color of the interconnecting lines. They vary from green to yellow to red (or none).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	1445441

Comment

Thanks for that TC1 So the bars are ok then.

Oddly enough, I'm not seeing any connection lines between the controller and the thermostat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1445454

Does that confirm my suspicion that both devices are not communicating with each other?

Also, the little dot besides the blue bar of the controller is flashing blue. What does that indicate?

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post

Oddly enough, I'm not seeing any connection lines between the controller and the thermostat.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1445454

Does that confirm my suspicion that both devices are not communicating with each other?

Also, the little dot besides the blue bar of the controller is flashing blue. What does that indicate?
                Correct, if there's no connection line between the devices (or it's not green) that usually indicates a communication problem. Part of a reliable Z-wave or Zigbee network design is building out a sufficient mesh, ie, a group of devices within a certain physical distance of each other so that they can route information between the nodes. If you look at the picture I posted you'll see that I have a number of devices that provide various routes in case one goes offline.

And yes, the blue blinking dot indicates attempts at communication.

And as Wim indicated, there's probably not full support for that model thermostat (yet). The fact it only has a node number on that map and not a name (like "Configuration Tool" on your controller) usually means deconz doesn't know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1445454

zguy

Maybe the device has started a join, but was reset before it could finish. To restart the join follow these steps (without removing any device anywhere!)
                  1. In either the plugin (bridge maintenance) or Phoscon start a search for new devices
                  2. Reset the thermostat (I suppose this is described in the user manual)
                  3. Check the device in deCONZ, does both coordinator and thermostat show a regular blue dot?
                  4. Try to manually control the thermostat during this process. This is most important for battery controlled devices, but might even help for your thermostat
                  5. Check if a read of the basic cluster now works, also try for example a read on Temperature measurement
                  If this works post the image on github for the basic cluster?

*edit* a blue blinking dot is indicating the device is actually communicating, if it is red, it means coordinator tries to communicate to the device, but cannot get a response. What is the distance between conbee and thermostat?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Some progress. Removed and rejoined the thermostat. Now seeing activity, all clusters respond, even adjusted temp via the cluster.

A nice green line between the RaspBee and the thermostat too!

Phoscon, REST-API and your plugin still don't see it though.

What's the endpoint to use in REST-API for thermostat? As in http://192.168.1.xx/api/apikey/????

Comment

That sounds good. Phoscon might be behind on these devices and not show the device. My plugin should show live responses once it sees the devices. The REST-API is a bit harder to check, you could find postman to read this. But the most important indicator is in deCONZ if the current name of the device (0x1E46 in your github post) changes to "Thermostat nn" in deCONZ, the REST API has accepted the device and will forward it directly to the plugin. No worries, we are getting close. Keep the developers attention at this point

-- Wim

Comment

You mean showing 'thermostat nn' in the device box?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1445672
                        Cause it's still showing the hex value...

Comment

The plugin not longer sees the RaspBee.

Views:	413
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1445675

IP is wrong, should be .71. There doesn't seem to be an option to adjust that.

Comment

Seems I can't delete the bridge. Tried adding a new one. It saw the Phoscon at the right IP. But got this error:

Views:	462
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1445725

And I now have the thermostat showing in Phoscon. I can also see it in REST-API /sensors.

Comment

Removed and re-added the bridge. Now seeing the thermostat in HS and able to control the setpoint.

It's late now so I'll play more with it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X