Help with Plugin Restarting Often and Not Showing Lights on a Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Plugin Restarting Often and Not Showing Lights on a Bridge

Hi all, I'm having an issue where the plugin keeps restarting frequently and also not being able to see the lights on one of my bridges. I've restarted the plugin and Homeseer, but to no avail. I have a lot of lights, so I'm not wanting to delete all the JowiHue devices right now.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

I think there is an error preventing the plugin showing the lights, not sure why it would restart the plugin too. How often does this restart happen?

Can you create a detailed logging for me, so I can have a better look at this? Follow these steps for creating one:
    1. In the configuration page, enable the detailed logging and log to file options
    2. Stop and start the plugin, so I can see the start of the plugin in the log as well
    3. Then go to the bridge maintenance page and try to open the lights on the bridge
    4. Here we have two options, wait for the plugin to restart or save the logging that has been made so far to be sure we have the bridge maintenance part. This depends on how often the restart happens. If waiting can be long, save the current logging. You can find the logging in the /Logs/JowiHue.log file, copy this and send it to me?
    5. Then when the plugin does it restart, you will find two files in the \Logs directory, JowiHue.log and JowiHue-last.log. Send both files to me?
    6. Once this is done, disable the detailed logging and log to file options
    Send the files to jowihue at ziggo dot net?

Thanks,

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

Since last update i have this same problem, no lights appears on the Hue lights tab.
      I also had some errors with some events (All hue lights on for example) because the Group all lights in the Philips Hue tab is also empty.
      For the Conbee tab everything is ok.
      See screenshots. Click image for larger version

Name:	Groups.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1449702Click image for larger version

Name:	Errors.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1449703

Comment

Wim, I've captured the logs now with the issue occurring and have emailed them to you.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by egbertje View Post
          Wim,

Since last update i have this same problem, no lights appears on the Hue lights tab.
          I also had some errors with some events (All hue lights on for example) because the Group all lights in the Philips Hue tab is also empty.
          See screenshots. Click image for larger version

Name:	Groups.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1449702Click image for larger version

Name:	Errors.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1449703
          WIm,

Did you look at this problem and found something?

Comment

Wim,

See screenshots. Click image for larger version  Name:	Groups.jpg Views:	20 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	1449702Click image for larger version  Name:	Errors.JPG Views:	13 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	1449703

hi wim,

i have the exact same issue. Occasionally also the plugin restarts. I am on windows and use a hue and deconz bridge. On both i cant open the lights tab sensors tab works fine.

bart
            Regards Bart
            ------------------------------------------
            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
            HSPRO 3.
            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

WIm,

Did you look at this problem and found something?
              I checked with royf and he had a warning in the log about a device that had no reference to the bridge anymore. Once he removed the device belonging to these lines the issue was resolved. Here is the loglines from the detailed trace, but the same lines can be found during startup of the plugin in the HS3 log:

Code:
              [FONT=Calibri]13:25:42.5966040 -- (Mylights.InitialLights) ============================================================ =============================[/FONT]
              [FONT=Calibri]13:25:42.6052030 -- (Mylights.InitialLights) GetLightsFromBridge: Found light no longer defined on bridge:xxxxxxxxx ID-nn -- Lightname-- nnn[/FONT]
              [FONT=Calibri]13:25:42.6074440 -- (Mylights.InitialLights) Dynamic deletion of light not implemented in plugin; It is advised to remove the devices for this light as well[/FONT]
              [FONT=Calibri]13:25:42.6096430 -- (Mylights.InitialLights) You can safely remove the devices belonging to this light[/FONT]
              [FONT=Calibri]13:25:42.6117630 -- (Mylights.InitialLights) ============================================================ =============================[/FONT]
              Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

I see these as well;
                -01 05:12:28 JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.1.1.8 on Windows
                feb-01 05:12:28 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin JowiHue ...
                feb-01 05:12:28 Starting Plug-In JowiHue loaded in 15066 milliseconds
                feb-01 05:12:13 Info Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58620
                feb-01 05:12:13 Warning I/O interface JowiHue is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                feb-01 05:12:08 Info Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected
                feb-01 05:12:08 JowiHue Restarting plugin due to error datatables
                i dont have mentions of found light no longer...

regards

Bart
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Bart,

How often does this happen? This can happen every now and then, I see this a few times a year. The plugin recognizes this situation and restarts. It is a situation that is hard to prevent, that is why I made sure the plugin will restart when this happens.

It is caused by a corruption of the in-memory datatables. One of the causes behind this can be corrupted memory - had this happen to me on a pi where the error would repeat quite often. After replacing the memory card there was no issue anymore.
                  As you are running on Windows, I hope this is not happening frequently?

I do notice too that the startup of the plugin is awfully slow? The machine where the plugin (and probably HS) is running, is it brought to a minimum configuration maybe?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

It happens i guess once - 3 times a day. but also sometimes it wont happen at all. And yes running on a vistualized windows 10 instance on ESXI. The machine is a NUC I5 with 16GB memory and SSD so enough power there. However it could be that another VM needs power at that moment. But never have pegged CPUs

Bart
                    Regards Bart
                    HSPRO 3.

Comment

Bart,

Could you send me a detailed log, including the start of the plugin so I can have a look at it? Enable both detailed logging and log to file options and restart the plugin.
                      Let the plugin run until it restarts. Then take both JowiHue.log and JowiHue-last.log and send both files to jowihue at ziggo dot nl? Maybe Ik can find some more on this in the log?

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

i will do this this weekend. I am in the process of migrating my deconz to zigbee2mqtt. Maybe this also resolves something.

regards

bart
                        Regards Bart
                        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X