Toggle through color presets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle through color presets?

I have some LED strips that I'm going to use undercabinet. Two separate strips as there's only AC voltage at each location, no low-voltage between them.

I'd like to use an Aqara mini button to toggle through several preset colors. Double-tap->next preset, with a Single-tap being an on/off toggle.

The single tap on/off toggle seems relatively easy, but toggling through colors.. I'm not sure how to tackle this.

The EasyTrigger plug-in has a toggle. But it only lets you set a value. You can have several in the toggle, but they're just single value.

I could do this with a virtual device, I suppose, where the toggle changes the value of a virtual device, and then have separate Jowihue Actions:Set Lights events for each desired toggle. Is this the 'right way' to approach this? Or should I look at something else.

Basically I want to use the mini button to double-tap through different colors, and then single tap to turn them off.

For me, I would do this with a script Using one event that triggers on any value change of the device and just start the script.
    You can call the plugin through scripting as well and walk through the presets, and send the selected preset to the light.
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Which devices do I need to control to make color changes? I just want to select the same sort of 'primary' colors as appear on things like the HSM200. Red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta and white (presumably different color temps of white).

I ask this because experimenting with the four devices on the deviceutility page is not behaving at all like I would expect. The hue slider doesn't seem to set colors properly.

I have a Lightify strip connected. If I visit the device page for it and use the color picker square for 'yellow' (ffff00) and click Ok, I get yellow on the strip. But if I the use the same picker again and select red (ff0000) the LED color on light DOES NOT CHANGE?

Is there something funky about the color picker that I do not understand? I don't expect to use the picker for regular activities. I was just using it to test the various colors and it doesn't work consistently.

Comment

There are no devices to control for presets. You might want to check the documentation for that. You can create presets with the colors you like, if they are not present in the basic set of presets installed. You can set them with JowiHue actions in events, or trigger them in a script if you like.
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X