Native Alexa color control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native Alexa color control?

I've raised this over on the Alexa subforum as well.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ds#post1464281

How do I configure color devices connected via this plug-in to allow for native color control via Alexa?

As in, "Alexa, set LightName to red"

This works great for devices connected to a Hue bridge, and linked through the native Hue smart home interface on Alexa.

Can the same be done for color devices connected through the native Homeseer interface on Alexa?

I can do it with on/off/dimmable devices. But I haven't found the magic configs to set up for color. Am I missing something?

Maybe also brig this to the attention of HST support by sending this through their helpdesk. For HS4 it seems there has been some changes that made color control break, I do not know if this has influenced HS3?
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

But of the many 'devices' that get created in HS3, which one should have the voice control checkbox (and the field) selected? This to get color control AND lighting on/off/dim actions working as it does via a direct Hue-Alexa bridge.

My setup has been grinding along OK with HS3. I've not yet made the leap to HS4 (though I do have a purchased license for it) because it just didn't seem to be ready for prime time yet. It'll get there, no doubt, but I do not want to deal with explaining to the wife/family why the lights don't work because of a software update. At least not right now, when everyone is home 24x7!

Comment

I get that for sure. Check the board for "alexa", there is a lot going on as HST has made changes that negatively affect users, and I am doubting this only HS4. One of the posts is saying the change was ment to only need to check the root device to have all controls enabled (color and dim) but the details are not yet made available. HST is working on a solution....
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-fix-it-please
          -- Wim

Comment

My concern isn't the service being up or down, it's that there's no clear indicator of what magic fairy dust of configuration steps are necessary to get a color bulb shared with Alexa in a way that will let it be controlled as such. The alexa service does know how to handle color bulbs, how do I tell HS3 to share that info to get color control?

I ask here because, well, zigbee is one of the most likely ways to get a color bulb interfaced. That and because inquiries and searches over in the other subgroups hasn't gotten me an answer yet either.

It could well be me and my HS3 setup choices, and I'm willing to do what it takes to correct it... but HOW?

Comment

Working...
            X