ZHAconsumption power monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZHAconsumption power monitoring

Anyone have any zigbee devices active through Jowihue and doing power monitoring?

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that some Innr SP224 plugs could provide 'some' degree of power stats. I'm wondering if that's true or not?

But it does go back to the question of if there are zigbee plugs with this data, is it accessible through this plug-in?

I've not raised the question on the deconz github yet.

We spoke about this earlier. The INNR plug supports consumption reporting in the EU version, not in the US version ( check this post) The plugin can report the power usage to the HS energy databases, this part is working fine. You do need to enable the energy reporting in the plugin's configuration page to have it doing it. When any plug does report its consumption the plugin will support that.

Here is an (incomplete) overview from the conbee site https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2/compatible:

Outlets
    IKEA TRÅDFRI Outlet Outlet
    OSRAM LIGHTIFY Plug Outlet
    OSRAM SMART+ Plug Outlet
    OSRAM SMART+ Outdoor Plug Outdoor outlet
    Bitron Video 902010/25 Smart plug with consumption data
    Bitron Video 902010/26 Smart plug with dimmer
    Busch-Jaeger Adaptor Plug Smart plug
    Climax PSM-29ZBS Smart plug with consumption data
    Climax PSM-29ZBSR Smart plug with consumption data
    innr SP 120 Smart plug with consumption data
    Heiman Smart Plug HS2SK-E Smart plug with consumption data
    Xiaomi Mi Smart Plug Smart plug with consumption data
    LEDVANCE SMART+ Indoor Smart Plug Outlet
    You could check the Heiman version, which seems to be popular in the US?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm not sure what US outlets support power reporting. What attributes should I see for a device in deCONZ that would indicate support for it?

I see two attributes on an Iris/Centralite 3210-L outlet plug:

0702 Simple Metering (11)
      0B04 Electrical Measurement (23)

Click image for larger version

Name:	deconz theater plug 3210-L attributes.png
Views:	517
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1465611

Are those enough or useful in letting me check how an outlet is being used?

This is what I see on the plug's details in the Jowihue tab for it:

Name:	jowihue theater plug 3210-L.png
Views:	355
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1465612

My goal is to determine if there's a current draw on the outlet above a certain threshold. This for scooter/e-bike chargers. I want to track whether the charger is still drawing "a lot of current" as a means to determine it really needs to stay on or not. The theory being the charger will pull "less current" when the battery has reached capacity.

And if these attributes, and this plug, aren't enough, then what specifically should I be looking for to handle what I'm after?

Comment

The simple metering cluster suggests the plug can report. But I cannot find the device yet on the github (https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...-plugin/issues) so they might have to add the device. In that case you need to create a new device request (be sure to post all clusters as they are strict on having all info needed).

But before doin that, I would expect it should still be supported already. After adding the device by the plugin, was there a watts device created (sometimes HS3 does not show the devices as parent/child directly after creation). You might need to a initial refresh of the devies page. Or a restart of the plugin might trigger the creation of the power and consumption part.
        If the plugin recognizes the consumption ability the device in HS3 will look like the image I posted (in parent/child view).
        As a matter of fact, the device I posted is used for exactly the same goal as you are planning It switches off here when the actual wattage in use has been lower then 10 watts for the past 30 minutes. It works like a charm here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-03-27 19_18_49-192.168.1.3_82__deviceutility.html.png Views:	0 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	1465614
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

This is all that an Innr Sp224 reports:

Name:	innr sp224 deconz attributes.png
Views:	371
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1465624

All I see if that it supports the 'Green Power' attributes. Which I assume could be useful for demand management, but that's not what I'm after here.

Likewise, this is what an outdoor zigbee outlet reports:

Name:	outdoor zigbee switch.png
Views:	355
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1465625

I only mention these as a data point.

Comment

For a more complete list of deCONZ supported devices: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/deconz.html
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              The simple metering cluster suggests the plug can report. But I cannot find the device yet on the github (https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...-plugin/issues) so they might have to add the device. In that case you need to create a new device request (be sure to post all clusters as they are strict on having all info needed).

But before doin that, I would expect it should still be supported already. After adding the device by the plugin, was there a watts device created (sometimes HS3 does not show the devices as parent/child directly after creation). You might need to a initial refresh of the devies page. Or a restart of the plugin might trigger the creation of the power and consumption part.
              If the plugin recognizes the consumption ability the device in HS3 will look like the image I posted (in parent/child view).
              As a matter of fact, the device I posted is used for exactly the same goal as you are planning It switches off here when the actual wattage in use has been lower then 10 watts for the past 30 minutes. It works like a charm here.
              Excellent knowing some else is trying the same thing. I've long had most of my battery charging devices on a scheduled cycle. Just two hours each day, with a scheduled turn off every night. This has worked to keep most of my devices from overcharging themselves. I never bothered tweaking it to extend the charging time for things because most of them would charge themselves fully if I manually started their charger.

The overnight turn-off event wouldn't usually interrupt a manual start. But for my e-bike it's possible the cycle could take longer and the cut-off would interrupt it. could use some HS3 logic to check for "how long" the device has been running.

There's also another scenario, that the plug might get accidentally pulled on my e-bike and interrupt the charge cycle. This would be a lot harder to track unless I was somehow comparing the start time and known charging rates. There's a couple of different ways I could approach this problem, but having active wattage usage would definitely help inform a solution.

I have had deCONZ running on a windows machine for a while. It's the same machine that used to run HS3, and still runs some other stuff that's windows-only. I gather the deCONZ folks do their work in linux, and I don't generally keep a full build environment set up for Windows. I might have to move the Conbee to a linux box instead. I moved my HS3 install to a Windows VM on a linux box. I have the z-wave dongle passed through to it. I wanted to avoid adding the Conbee dongle to it, if just to minimize my reboot hassles with USB device mapping.

Any, that's more info than relevant to the problem at hand. I'll go look through the deCONZ info to see what needs to be done/submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                For a more complete list of deCONZ supported devices: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/deconz.html
                yes, I've visited that site several times in the past. Is there a way to search/sort by attributes? I haven't found a way.

Comment

So what's the process to get an unknown device recognized? Does it have to start over on the deCONZ side? What specifically is your plug-in looking to find?

Comment

Ok, it's a bit of a chore, but I think I've made a device request on the github for deCONZ: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/4668

I don't see a way to get text debugging log info from deCONZ running on windows.

Comment

Of course the irritating thing about this is the one set of plus I own that have this ability are ones that I wanted to use somewhere else. The Centralite 3210-L are both a zigbee outlet AND a z-wave repeater. I don't have that many z-wave gizmos, mainly because keeping a stable z-wave network just never seemed to happen. I'd hoped to put these outlets in places that would provide good extension of coverage. The places where I need the power monitoring are in fringe areas that would likely need this sort of extension! So it's a chicken-meet-egg scenario.

Comment

I've purchased another outlet, from Aqara. I believe it's this one:
                        https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Xiaomi_ZNCZ12LM.html

Name:	smart plug 11 devices.png
Views:	341
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1465817

It lists two different child devices both named "Power"?

Name:	lumi.plug.maus01.png
Views:	371
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1465815

The advanced tab reports:
                        ZHAPower

**************************** Object info *****************************
                        {
                        "config": {
                        "on": true,
                        "reachable": true,
                        "temperature": 2800
                        },
                        "ep": 1,
                        "etag": "ecf446dcb37bfec366afa17183ea8cb6",
                        "lastseen": "2021-03-29T01:09Z",
                        "manufacturername": "LUMI",
                        "modelid": "lumi.plug.maus01",
                        "name": "Power 21",
                        "state": {
                        "current": null,
                        "lastupdated": "2021-03-29T01:09:39.379",
                        "power": -1,
                        "voltage": null
                        },
                        "swversion": "05-02-2018",
                        "type": "ZHAPower",
                        "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:82:af:6f-01-0b04"
                        }
                        ************************* End Object info ***************************
                        ZHAPower

{
                        },
                        "ep": 2,
                        "etag": "b801711448960ca0cd5b41e976e8eda1",
                        "name": "Power 22",
                        "lastupdated": "2021-03-29T01:05:05.573",
                        "power": 0
                        },
                        "type": "ZHAPower",
                        "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:82:af:6f-02-000c"
                        }
                        ZHAConsumption

{
                        },
                        "ep": 3,
                        "etag": "b801711448960ca0cd5b41e976e8eda1",
                        "name": "Consumption 23",
                        "consumption": 0,
                        "lastupdated": "2021-03-29T01:05:05.573"
                        },
                        "type": "ZHAConsumption",
                        "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:82:af:6f-03-000c"
                        }
                        The deCONZ basic cluster page:

Name:	basic cluster 01.png
Views:	342
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1465816

I gather you're extracting the device names from the clusters,

Power 21 is 01-0B04 "Electrical Measurement" node.
                        Power 22 is 02-000C "Analog Input"
                        Consumption 23 is 03-000C "Analog Input"

What are the different variables telling me?

Comment

Aaaaand then there's this bit of annoying info:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/xiao...-connected/623
                          Zigbee repeaters reported NOT to work with Xiaomi devices
                          • Centralite 3210-L Zigbee Smart Plug (same as Iris 3210)
                          Which is, of course, is one of the devices I'd hoped to use to extend coverage to where this device would get installed!

Yeesh, what kind of goats do I have to sacrifice to get this stuff coordinated?! I'm kidding, of course. Maybe...

Comment

I picked up a GE/Jasco 45853 plug-in outlet... and it has 0702 Simple Metering as the only power feature.

Name:	simple metering cluster 45853.png
Views:	343
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	1465955

Comment

I have Xiaomi sensors connecting through the INNR plugs here. So I am not sure if that would be something plug model dependent.
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X