Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hex colors

Hi,
    I have installed a color mixer on my Philips Pronto TSU 9800 remotes that sends hex color codes (i.e. #3d3787 or 0x 3d3787) to a Hs3 devices string.
    Is it possible to put the replacement variable for the devicestring into a script to control the HUE bulbs with the JowiHue plugin ?
    If yes I would purchase the plugin immediately.

Regards,
    Fischi

There is a RGB function, but it accepts the RGB values. From the documentation:

SetLightsRGB

Sets lights based on CIE color mode (“xy”)
    Returns a Boolean. True = successful, False = unsuccessful
    Parameters: 5
    Group : True/False – if True groups will be addressed by this command, otherwise lights
    Name : name of the group or light to be controlled
    Bright : Value of brightness to be set. Value can be between 0 and 255. To use the values from RGB calculation use ‘Nothing’. Setting Bright to 0 will result in an “off” for the light.
    RGB : Value of RGB to be set. Value is limited to RGB values “0,0,0” to “255,255,255”. To keep the current value use ‘Nothing’
    Transition : Value for transition time of the new setting. Value is in 1/10 of seconds. To have no transition use ‘Nothing’

Syntax:

Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsRGB", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, “255,255,0”, 20})

This will not help you straight away, but I can add the scripting function for HEX control if needed. It will take some time though before it is released as I am working on some larger changes. If needed I can send you a beta once I have added it.

And do not buy the plugin immediately, you have a 30 day trial to choose using a Philips Hue or deCONZ gateway?

Thanks for your trust though!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim,
      it would be nice if you could add the scripting function for HEX control and send me a beta.
      BTW : I‘m still on Hs3 😉

Stay healthy,
      kind regards,

Fischi

Comment

Hi Wim,
        I‘ve changed my Philips Pronto TSU 9800 remote to send the RGB color code. (i.e 255,23,134) to a Hs3 devices string auch as $$DTR:2208:
        Is it possible to use the replacement variable to control my HUE color LED bulb this way. :

Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsRGB", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, “$$DTR:2208:”, 20})

Regards,
        Fischi

Comment

The plugin does nt with the replacement variable. But as you are scripting you can also use js.dvicestring(2208) instead?

Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsRGB", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, hs.devicestring(2208), 20})

Guess that would be a good solution. Is now the change for hex string no longer needed?

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks again Wim,
            Please give me some time to try it out, then I will report

Fischi

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            The plugin does nt with the replacement variable. But as you are scripting you can also use js.dvicestring(2208) instead?

Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsRGB", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, hs.devicestring(2208), 20})

Guess that would be a good solution. Is now the change for hex string no longer needed?

Wim

Comment

No problem, we will get there
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,
                I've made good progress with setting the colors but I can't increase/decrease the dim level:

Error: (DimLights) Die Objektvariable oder die With-Blockvariable wurde nicht festgelegt.

In my config I have :
                Standard dim step for devices (1 to 254) 30

Where is my issue ?

Fischi

Comment

How are you reaching the dim lights function? Not by the script command I suppose as I do not see the connection there? Are you using a different script, or using the up/down button on the device?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Wim ,
                    yes, I‘m reaching the dim lights function by the script command and a have found the issue : I‘ve had to change the group entry to my group . „All Lights“ doesn‘t work for dimming the lights.
                    All is running OK now . I‘ll do some testing next days and then I will buy this great plugin !

Greetings from Germany, stay healthy in these troubled times
                    Fischi

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    How are you reaching the dim lights function? Not by the script command I suppose as I do not see the connection there? Are you using a different script, or using the up/down button on the device?

Comment

The all lights group is becoming more and more unreliable. It is holding a log of 'non' lights lately, like blinds and plugs. I might just decide to hide this group in the near feature as it is starting to be a confusing group. Great it is working now!
                      -- Wim

Comment

I might just decide to hide this group in the near feature
                        +1

Comment

Working...
                        X