Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on best way to get Sinope TH1300ZB Floor Thermostat set up in homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on best way to get Sinope TH1300ZB Floor Thermostat set up in homeseer

So I have been reading posts and getting quite confused actually on the best approach to get these Sinope zigbee thermostats under homeseer's control. I have a HomeSeer Plus with HS4 (windows), and the Nortek HUSBZB-1. I bought that latter figuring there might be some zigbee in my future. I have two of the TH1300RF models connected to the Sinope Gateway GT125, and am using Spud's GT125 Plugin, and these work great. So fast forward, and I now have added (3) of the TH1300ZBs and the limited zigbee plugin can see the thermostats but they only report the floor temp. Since it does not look like the GT130 will ever be an option, I need to figure out the easiest path to getting these to work. I am posting here because this appears to be the only subtopic that remotely seems appropriate. I am dead set on these thermostats, and keeping control local and not internet dependent.

So, what hardware and plugin and any combination of would be the easiest way to get these included. I would prefer not to venture into script writing, as I am trying to keep my homeseer environment as basic as possible, but as a last resort.

For JowiHUE to possibly work you'd need a deCONZ Conbee II dongle.
    Have you looked at zigbee2MQTT with the HUSBZB-1 and Michael's mcsMQTT Plugin?
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

bobm4242 You can also check this thread where the thermostat is added to deCONZ: Unable to get Zigbee thermostat recognized - HomeSeer Message Board
      It seems to work, but could still have some refinement done in deCONZ part.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have the Conbee II on order, and will give the JowieHue/DeConz approach a try. I took a quick look at the MQTT but there will be a learning curve there. At some point I guess I need to figure out where i need to focus my education. In any case as the HS4 Zigbee interface seems to have minimal capability, I figure the JowieHue plugin will give me more Zigbee power.

Comment

Hi bobm4242 , would you mind providing an update on your Sinope integration?

; since local options for heated floors are quite limited, I'm currently looking at the Sinope TH1300ZB + Zigbee2MQTT but not sure yet if a stock gateway will be required for initial configuration and/or for other options not available via Z2M.

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X