Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tips/warnings on moving conbee/deconz setup from windows to pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips/warnings on moving conbee/deconz setup from windows to pi?

I'd like to move my Conbee2 dongle and deCONZ setup from a windows 10 machine to a raspberry pi 3b running Raspbian jessie.

Any tips/warnings/horror stories I should know about?

I'd like to avoid re-doing all my devices; both in deCONZ and in HS3. If I'm running the same version of deCONZ should I just be able to backup/restore the database and have everything 'work the same as before'?

I'd be moving the deCONZ setup to a different IP. I don't see a place the plug-in UI to change the IP address. Is there a config file I could change? I see a C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\JowiHue\Jowihue.db file, but an SQLite editor doesn't show an IP associated with the Phoscon bridge.

No problem, just make a backup beforehand if something goes wrong.
    For IP, it is described in the plugin documents, see below:

To do this you should let the plugin run and create an INI file in the <HS install directory>\config and name it JowiHue.ini. In this file add the following lines:

[Bridge]
    Ipaddress=<ip of bridge>

The plugin is scanning for new bridges every two minutes. When it starts scanning, it will also check this file. If present, it will check on the mentioned IP address if
    there is a bridge available. if it is, it will enable registering the bridge on the configuration page and clear the file again. If the plugin is restarted without registration,
    this step needs to be redone.

Comment

wkearney99

It is even easier. the description Nuno posted is for new bridges that are not found on the network.
      If the gateway changes its IP address and you start the plugin, it will initially complain it cannot find the bridge anymore. But normally, with the next UPNP scan, the plugin should rediscover the gateway and correct the IP address internally. That is not a problem,

For the new installation, restoring the backup should just work fine. Do not remove deCONZ from the Windows machine until you see all is working fine. If things do not work out, I can try and see whan we can do to solve it.

Wim,
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ah, that's what I wasn't sure about. I have no idea how the deCONZ setup handles identifying itself. I didn't want to cause a disaster like have the new setup get recognized as a different hub and end up duplicating a bunch of devices.

I have both the deCONZ/Conbee2 setup and a Hue bridge. How would the Jowihue.ini file work for more than one?

It's also interesting that you mention UPNP/dynamic scanning. I have had some issues with other things that make use of multicast that ran into trouble due to a bad firmware rev on a switch.

My plan is:
        1. Backup HS3
        2. Stop HS3
        3. Backup the Windows deCONZ setup
        4. Stop Windows deCONZ (but not uninstall it)
        5. Install deCONZ software on a pi 3.
        6. Move the Conbee2 USB dongle from the Windows machine to the pi3
        7. Restore from the Windows deCONZ backup
        8. Start the pi3 deCONZ (and see if the GUI "looks right")
        9. Restart HS3 and hold my breath that it doesn't start spewing errors in log.
        Sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
          I have both the deCONZ/Conbee2 setup and a Hue bridge. How would the Jowihue.ini file work for more than one?
          You do not need the ini file as it used only for NEW bridges that are not found by the plugin automatically. If after moving the deCONZ gateway the gateway is not found anymore, you could try and see if the JowiHue.ini works to solve it. The Philips Hue is not moving I think?

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
          My plan is:
          1. Backup HS3
          2. Stop HS3
          3. Backup the Windows deCONZ setup
          4. Stop Windows deCONZ (but not uninstall it)
          5. Install deCONZ software on a pi 3.
          6. Move the Conbee2 USB dongle from the Windows machine to the pi3
          7. Restore from the Windows deCONZ backup
          8. Start the pi3 deCONZ (and see if the GUI "looks right")
          9. Restart HS3 and hold my breath that it doesn't start spewing errors in log.
          Sound about right?
          Be aware you need to install the USB on the pi as well. I do not the details from here, but I remember others to have to install some drivers on the pi to get the conbee recognised. Other then that I guess this should do it.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X