X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Mike,

This is not a problem at all. For some reason HS struggles with open databases. The plugin is having a database open during its execution. The reference in the error to use a "backup HSEvent" is not documented anywhere, so the plugin cannot comply. But no worries on that as the plugin creates a backup of the database during each start and places those in a backup subdirectory \Data\JowiHue\Backup. And those files are included in the HS backup as well. So you can still go back to a previous situation when needed.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mikedeissler
    replied
    Dear Wim, Is this warning a problem ?

5/18/2021 7:33:52 AM

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-wal' because it is being used by another process.

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-shm' because it is being used by another process.

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db' because it is being used by another process.

Thanks, Mike

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Mike, great to hear! Glad it is resolved now.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mikedeissler
    replied
    Happy to report installing .net runtime 4.8 did the trick ! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Ok, sorry thought this would be a Linux install. But then you could install the .Net 4.8 from Microsoft like the second link is suggesting? You can find them on the Microsoft site.

Leave a comment:

• mikedeissler
    replied
    I will advise as to my progress with HS.

Leave a comment:

• mikedeissler
    replied
    The installation is on a Hometroller Pro running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016. I am in touch with HS support and will pass on your suggestions. Thank you. Mike

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    I think there might be something missing in the mono installation of your hometroller regarding a.NET module netstandard 2.0. This probably means the hometroller came with an older version of Mono. I am no good with Linux but I guess you need to upgrade or extend the installation of Mono. Check out these links for a probable solution:I guess HST has to update the hometrollers net version indeed....

As for the backup not working you will need to contact HS support. My plugin has nothing to do with that part.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• Install fails in HS4 4.1.16.0 on new Hometroller Pro

Dear Mr. Vuyk, I just installed and registered my new Hometroller Pro. I installed the HS4 version of JowiHue plugin and the install seems to have failed. The plugin does not appear in the Installed Plugin list and I get this report from the startup window:

Starting up.... 5/8/2021 9:03:13 AM HomeSeer~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_JowiHue.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_JowiHue.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_JowiHue.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_JowiHue.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_JowiHue.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Because it does not appear in the Installed plugins list, I have not idea how to uninstall it and try it again.

Curiously, I cannot restore the backup from my SEL Pro getting the error "HSPUI_Bl.ini already exists." I'm not sure these issues are related but I would appreciate your input on the plugin.

Thanks, Mike
Working...
X