IKEA Blinds anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IKEA Blinds anyone?

I've wanted automated blinds forever I think. But the cost was prohibitive and always required customization or hacking in some way.

I just found out that IKEA Fyrtur blinds are Zigbee devices. I'm almost orgasming now. Ordered one to play with.

Curious to hear about others who managed to get them working in pure Zigbee mode instead of using the IKEA Tradfri Gateway and AK IKEA plugin. I already have enough gateways and plugins to manage and I found many references of those blinds directly added to various other Zigbee controllers.

Anyone ever did that with HS?

My goal is to use my deCONZ Zigbee controller, already working with several thermostats and Hue motion sensors. It's not readily supported by deCONZ/Phoscon yet, but based on their compatibility list, a bunch of IKEA devices are already supported. So I'm hoping they would.

w.vuyk , any chances you'd add support to your plugin if I can get deCONZ to add those blinds?

Here is the IKEA Fyrtur offerings available in Canada: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/cat/smart-blinds-44531/

Google is your friend, try searching on site:forums.homeseer.com IKEA Fyrtur jowihue

It seems they are supported:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...tur-or-kadrilj

Comment

zguy

Like TC1 mentioned, they are supported. In fact I have them running here and I am very happy with them. The only minus I see here is that you cannot adjust the width of them. But if the windows are the right size you can use them perfectly. Also know that you can sort of calibrate them on the properties/JowiHue page where you can set the max/min heights of the blinds.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Perhaps this is a suggestion. If you are handy you have a challenge

Wil

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          zguy

Like TC1 mentioned, they are supported. In fact I have them running here and I am very happy with them. The only minus I see here is that you cannot adjust the width of them. But if the windows are the right size you can use them perfectly. Also know that you can sort of calibrate them on the properties/JowiHue page where you can set the max/min heights of the blinds.

Wim
          WOW! Just WOW! Can't wait to receive the one I ordered!

Comment

Originally posted by wimaware View Post
            Hi Wim,

Perhaps this is a suggestion. If you are handy you have a challenge

Wil
            Wil,

Good one, expected it would be more difficult then shown in the video.. I might give another windows a crack at it Thanks!

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
            X