Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring errors with plugin

Wim,

the last 2 weeks I've been trying your plugin and I seem to have 3 or 4 different types of errors that I cannot solve (not sure if they are related). I've tried several re-installs, removal of devices, re-register bridge etc without succes. I'm running version 1.0.4.7 of your plugin. The errors are the following:

1/ Error during install of the plugin:
    Nov-16 1:29:03 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of Configuration. Plugin: PLCBUS Instance:

I'm running an instance of PLCBUS plugin. After I install your plugin, the link of the PLCBUS config page brings me to the config your plugin ...
    After removal of your plugin things seem OK again. The error re-occurs with install of the plugin and prevents config changes to the PLCBUS plugin.

2/ Errors during 1st creation of devices:
    Nov-16 1:45:12 PM JowiHue Unknown device type discovered:LLC001 Please report this type to plugin owner? Lights might not function with optimal capabilities
    Nov-16 1:45:12 PM JowiHue Unknown device type discovered:LLC005 Please report this type to plugin owner? Lights might not function with optimal capabilities

The plugin does not seem to recognize the devices LLC001 and LLC005, although they seem to work OK after creating the devices. ON/OFF etc works.
    LLC001 has an icon on the device list, but LLO05 is missing icons:

Nov-16 1:29:10 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\JowiHue\LLC005_off.png

3/ Errors in startup log of HS3 (every restart of HS3):
    Nov-16 1:29:05 PM JowiHue Error UpdateDevices: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-16 1:29:05 PM JowiHue Error UpdateDevices: Rechts
    Nov-16 1:29:05 PM JowiHue Error UpdateDevices: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-16 1:29:05 PM JowiHue Error UpdateDevices: Onder trap
    Nov-16 1:29:05 PM JowiHue Error UpdateDevices: Links

This seems related to the previous errors, since my devices "Links" and "Rechts" are of type LLC005 and "Onder trap" is of type LLC001.

4/The plugin crashes every once in a while
    This will generate a windows popup message telling me that HSPI_Jowihue has stopped unexpectedly (or something). In the HS3 log the only things I can find are (with debug on):
    Nov-16 5:12:00 PM Warning Plugin JowiHue is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-16 5:10:00 PM JowiHue GetJsonCommand::Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-16 5:10:00 PM JowiHue MainThreadRoutine: Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-16 5:10:00 PM JowiHue GetJsonCommand::Error while performing GetJsonCommand: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-16 5:10:00 PM JowiHue Debug: :MainWatchThread: Checking plugin health
    Nov-16 5:10:00 PM Error In URLAction GET: The operation has timed out.
    Nov-16 5:09:30 PM Warning Plugin JowiHue is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-16 5:03:12 PM JowiHue Debug: :MainWatchThread: Checking plugin health

Can you help to solve these errors? As it is, the plugin is not reliable in use.

Thanks,
    Cas.

Cas,

Thanks for reporting this.

1. For the configuration page, I can solve this by using another name for the configuration page. The name for the configuration page has to be unique between all plugins. I was not aware that this name was already in use by PLCBus. I will change that in the next version.

2. As for the LLC001 missing was a error from my side, I have the icons ready, but missed to define the device in the plugin. The LLC005 is new to me, would you have a pointer to this light on the net, so I can gather power usage and more of the device? For now I will add it as a 'standard' Living color Bloom. For unknown devices like the LLC005, the icon error will occur, but should not interfere with stability of the plugin. Should also be resolved in the next version of the plugin

3. I expected I had prevented this error in case of unknown lights. Thanks for noticing, I will catch it in the next version.

4. This issue was reported earlier also. It seems to happen when the bridge is not reachable on the network. I have prepared a different approach, but did not test it deep enough yet to release. As it is hard to emulate, I will try but cannot yet promise I am able to copy the issue.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

thanks for the quick response.

In reply to your question on issue 2: the LLC005 devices have "6950260PH" as philips product code on their label.
      This brings me to this product page at the philips website:
      http://www.philips.nl/c-p/6950260PH/

which seems indeed to be the product I have.

I hope you can solve the other issues as well - I like the easy of use of your plugin as well as the integration with my other lights (which are - as you may have guessed - on a PLCBUS system).

Let me know if you need me to test something or collect data on issue #4.
      And it just occurred to me: if it has to do with the bridge becoming unavailable on the network, do you think it will help to reduce the polling frequency? Is there any downside to this?

Cas.

BTW on issue #1: strange that Homeseer does not have programming rules for this that secure a unique naming - now you are supposed to check with all other plugins/programmers ...?

Comment

Cas,

There is a downside to have a low polling setting, if lights switch off while the plugin does not know it, it might generate a warning when it thinks the lights are on. When you see that, the command will have to be resend.
        But I am guessing when you lower the refreshrate from 2000 to 5000 you might still be good.

The first three points of your issues are solved here, I am still checking on nr. 4.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

Cas,

In the beta section of the updater there is a Linux beta version. On Windows it solves your issues 1 to 3 and hopefully number 4.

But I informed you about that already. Hope it solves all issues!

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

thanks. As already replied by direct message: I'm running the beta plugin now for about a week and the issues seem to be solved indeed!

Regards,
            Cas.

Comment

Cas,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
              X